Alice Munro, Canadian Wins The Nobel Prize For Literature

D.B. Cooper

Registered
Can anybody recommend any of her works ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/11/books/alice-munro-wins-nobel-prize-in-literature.html?hp

Alice Munro is great. She writes short stories, so you can start with anything, without committing to a long novel. She has recently published a collection called "Dear Life" -- there are more than a few gems in there. My favourites from there were "Gravel" and "In Sight of the Lake".

This is going to sound terrible but when I got the NY Times news alert e-mail this morning my first response was:
"Who is Alice Munro?"

I lived in Canada before moving here, and did K-1st Year of University there and I don't recall ever reading any of
her work for a class or for pleasure.

This is going to sound terrible but when I got the NY Times news alert e-mail this morning my first response was:
"Who is Alice Munro?"

I lived in Canada before moving here, and did K-1st Year of University there and I don't recall ever reading any of
her work for a class or for pleasure.

She has been a serious candidate for many years. But only when she in her, now, winning novel suggests that this will be her last piece. Then they have to give it to her, before its too late. She is 82.

Im a big fan of her

own "too much happiness" and "secretos a voces" (sorry dont know how to translate that). Been reading her for year. She is like a more poetic Raymond Carver.

Back