Alto Palermo Coffee

juno76

Registered
We missed the 27th meeting as we went to Colonia for the day (bit of a tourist trap it seems!). It was good to meet Michael, Susan, Dominique, Samantha and Jerry at the 20th coffee meeting and look forward to seeing them again on March 6th. By the by, does anyone have a suggestion how to get football (soccer) and/or rugby tickets? We are still thinking about Iguazu Falls in March but the airfares will have to drop though -- has anyone gone by bus to the Falls? Still finding that the acceptance of our VISA Debit is a bit patchy in BsAs -- thanks though to Western Union. Loving our stay here so far and as always, are finding things that make us ask "why don't we do this back home?"

Ian and Lou

We are still thinking about Iguazu Falls in March but the airfares will have to drop though -- has anyone gone by bus to the Falls?
Ian and Lou

Full disclosure: I love to travel by bus and when I'm traveling alone I do it all the time. If you are not a keen bus traveler then look at it as a couple of days of your life that you'll never get back again.

On the other hand, if you've ever used National Express in the UK or Greyhound in the USA then consider that, as a rule, South American buses are better than that. "Cama" class equates to business class in aviation and "Semi Cama" is pretty good too. The best views of the scenery are from "Semi Cama" if you are on a bus which offers both. Pick a well-known bus company: it may cost a little more but it's worth it. My first choice is usually Andesmar. Yes, I've bused between Iguazu and Buenos Aires: decide which parts of the scenery most interest you and choose a timetable accordingly.

I can honestly say that your names came up,yesterday,at coffee Chat. We missed you and will be looking forward to seeing you, next Tuesday afternoon. .

We missed the 27th meeting as we went to Colonia for the day (bit of a tourist trap it seems!). It was good to meet Michael, Susan, Dominique, Samantha and Jerry at the 20th coffee meeting and look forward to seeing them again on March 6th. By the by, does anyone have a suggestion how to get football (soccer) and/or rugby tickets? We are still thinking about Iguazu Falls in March but the airfares will have to drop though -- has anyone gone by bus to the Falls? Still finding that the acceptance of our VISA Debit is a bit patchy in BsAs -- thanks though to Western Union. Loving our stay here so far and as always, are finding things that make us ask "why don't we do this back home?"

Ian and Lou
Hi Ian,

It was great to meet you the other day. Sue and Mike when to coffee chat this week hoping to see you. Ill tell them you plan on going next week.

I went to the falls by bus overnight...I was also 20 years old and broke and didn't mind being on a bus all night with my friends. The long distance buses aren't so bad if you get the higher class...but nowadays its not THAT much cheaper compared to flying. However, flying can be expensive here so it depends.

As for soccer tickets I think there are a few brokers out there that will get tickets for you and some will even take you to the games. Just be aware the La Boca is quite a dangerous place...much more so a match in their stadium. Certainly not the place for a camera totting tourist. I would advise caution. River Plate might be a slightly better option.

For rugby it depends on where the stadium is at. I know a few that have gone and loved it.

My brother in law took the bus to Iguazu and yowza it sounded long and painful...
We spent three days in Iguazu and could have seen both sides in two days, so maybe shave your time down and save on hotel to add to your plane fare budget?

My brother in law took the bus to Iguazu and yowza it sounded long and painful...
We spent three days in Iguazu and could have seen both sides in two days, so maybe shave your time down and save on hotel to add to your plane fare budget?
Thanks so much for your feedback!
Ian

Back