American entry fee to BA?

JoeKelly711

Registered
Hello!

I heard there is a new tax for americans to pay to enter Argentina. Does anyone know what or how much that is?

:)

Funny you should mention that . . . my husband just commented last night that when we went through customs last week, we never had to pay any fees : )

It was my understanding that the tax was supposed to be a bit over a hundred (US) dollars, but that the government decided to postpone implementing the tax for another year because they were worried about dissuading yanquis from visiting the country (and with the current economic crisis they can use all of the tourists they can get!).

clarkywarky said:
It was my understanding that the tax was supposed to be a bit over a hundred (US) dollars, but that the government decided to postpone implementing the tax for another year because they were worried about dissuading yanquis from visiting the country (and with the current economic crisis they can use all of the tourists they can get!).

Now they don't have to worry about a tax dissuading tourists when the New York Times has stories like this:

Swine Flu Death Toll in Argentina Climbs

04argentinaA_xl.jpg

President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner with Dr. Juan Manzur, right, the health minister, at a hospital in Buenos Aires.

By ALEXEI BARRIONUEVO

Published: July 3, 2009

RIO DE JANEIRO — The death toll from swine flu in Argentina continued to rise as President Cristina Fernández de Kirchner said she would not rule out closing major public venues where the virus could spread more quickly.

Dr. Juan Manzur, the new health minister, said Friday that 44 people had died from swine flu and that the country had 2,800 confirmed flu cases. The numbers reflected a sharp increase compared with a week earlier, when there were 26 deaths and 1,587 cases.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/04/w...html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=swine flu argentina&st=cse

Even the writer of the story didn't want to write it from Argentina, so the dateline has Rio. Pretty funny... oh shit, and I haven't written a will yet. :eek:

Happy 4th of July Argentina!!

Napoleon said:
Now they don't have to worry about a tax dissuading tourists when the New York Times has stories like this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/04/w...html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=swine flu argentina&st=cse

Even the writer of the story didn't want to write it from Argentina, so the dateline has Rio. Pretty funny... oh shit, and I haven't written a will yet. :eek:

Happy 4th of July Argentina!!

This is not the first time NYTimes has articles about Argentina written by someone in Brazil. You can't tell me there are no qualified journalists IN Argentina???

Perhaps there simply are no qualified journalists ON the NY Times.

RWS said:
Perhaps there simply are no qualified journalists ON the NY Times.

Well, then I'm sure they could find an unqualified journalist in Argentina as well as in Brazil.....

Back