American Mormon Leader Kidnapped In Ciudadela.

I'd say opportunistic, I imagine they stood out somewhat. If it was organised there would have been more research into who to call, to whom demands should be made, get them off site and hidden and try and gouge more money out.

I often drive up Aceso Oeste/ General Paz and this story freaks me out. Hopefully my 2006 Fiat won't draw any attention. A month ago while I visiting my cousins in Vicente Lopez, I wanted to take advantage of the bright sun light allowing me to see all the cat hair in my car and vacuum it. Even though I was parked right outside their house, they stayed inside the cast iron gate watching me vacuum my car incase someone walked by and robbed me. You can't even stand outside for more than ten minutes without fearing you'll be victimized.

I don't understand your question. I'm curious if it was a planned, premeditated kidnapping or if the theives randomly picked his car out to victimize.

Given the aggressive proselytizing that brings them into these neighborhoods, I think it's likely the kidnappers/robbers knew something about them. That doesn't mean they were picked out because of their nationality, though.

Elsewhere on this forum I repeated the very recent coment of a friend who is a criminal lawyer. He told me that he has never seen such widespread lawlesness in Argentina. The man is in his early 50s.

The he lie to you. Ask him about 1973/5.

But was the proselytizer more or less stupid than the Canadian who challenged the motochorro? That's what we need to know.

In general I believe there is a big immigrant population in that area from places like bolivia (not saying bolivians are bad) but was wondering if it was because he especially and a lot of Argentines in general would even stick out in these areas?

Whatever is the case, he certainly was the victim of unfortunate circumstance. It's not as though other cars aren't stolen on a daily basis. Hopefully he's adept at letting go of the material.

Back