American Night At Hard Rock Cafe

Jan, how often are these American nights, and do Embassy officers always attend?

Today was the first time I attended. I've never been to a Hard Rock Café anywhere in the world. The rock memorabilia on the walls was interesting. The noise was overwhelming for me since I live in silence. I found an Embassy employee to ask about the Argentine students, and she had to ask someone else. They were at the next table. I introduced myself to a young Argentine woman who told me that she is a medical doctor interested in studying pediatric surgery in the USA. That was her reason for attending. I wished her luck and left. It was an experience. Lots of people were standing around talking, but I don't know how they could converse with the loud music.

If Americans need information on any services, they can find it online and/or at the Consulate with an appointment. I think the Embassy holds these events two or three times a year. This was the first time I received an email for it, probably because I had recently renewed my passport.

Back