Americans abroad check your passports ASAP.

so they claim in this article

Since there is an online appointment system, anybody can log on, stockpile these appointments and resell them,

but it's just enough to require to provide name while booking to make resell impossible.
I don't understand why this is not done if reselling is the real culprit.

i'm good for a few more years!

unfortunately, can't say the same for my US driver's license. first thing on my list to renew when i return.

Last month I renewed my passport in one of the same day passport offices. You just have to keep checking everyday for an appointment to open.

Last month I renewed my passport in one of the same day passport offices. You just have to keep checking everyday for an appointment to open.
What city are you in...??? I didn’t know there were any here in BA.

I received following message from the US Embassy:

Message to U.S. Citizens: U.S. Embassy Buenos Aires (May 26, 2021)
Event:
U.S. citizens may directly return to the United States with certain expired U.S. passports.

If you are overseas and your passport expired on or after January 1, 2020, you may be able to use your expired passport to return directly to the United States until December 31, 2021.

You qualify for this exception if all the following are true:

· You are a U.S. citizen.
· You are currently abroad seeking direct return to the United States.
· You are flying directly to the United States, a United States territory, or have only short-term transit (“connecting flights”) through a foreign country on your direct return to the United States or to a United States Territory.
· Your expired passport was originally valid for 10 years. Or, if you were 15 years of age or younger when the passport was issued, your expired passport was valid for 5 years.
· Your expired passport is undamaged.
· Your expired passport is unaltered.
· Your expired passport is in your possession.

Back