Anarcho-capitalist Javier Milei is stirring up politics

He does look appealing at least when listed on a ballot next to Santoro and Vidal. Time will tell how he looks on future ballots.

I'll pass on this Trump / Bolsonaro wanna be

He has very little to do with Bolsonaro.

Bolsonaro is staunchly anti-drugs, believes in price controls, wanted previous Brazilian president Fernando Henrique to be shot for privatizing state enterprises, and panders to the evangelical base with this anti-gay rhetoric.
Bolsonaro is incredibly autocratic and believes in centralizing power. He is more akin to right-wing Peronism than anything else.

Trump believes in closed markets, protectionism and trade wars. Trump also criticized the Fed for not doing enough Quantitative Easing. He, like Bolsonaro, also panders to the evangelicals with false morality discourses.

Both very different from Milei.

He has very little to do with Bolsonaro.

Bolsonaro is staunchly anti-drugs, believes in price controls, wanted previous Brazilian president Fernando Henrique to be shot for privatizing state enterprises, and panders to the evangelical base with this anti-gay rhetoric.
Bolsonaro is incredibly autocratic and believes in centralizing power. He is more akin to right-wing Peronism than anything else.

Trump believes in closed markets, protectionism and trade wars. Trump also criticized the Fed for not doing enough Quantitative Easing. He, like Bolsonaro, also panders to the evangelicals with false morality discourses.

Both very different from Milei.

I really don't know much about Milei. I know he espouses a libertarian philosophy, but he also shows an affinity for Trump and Bolsonaro. He said the US election was stolen from Trump. He comes off as a bit of a demagogue. Maybe that's what you need to get media attention, but he rubs me the wrong way.

I really don't know much about Milei. I know he espouses a libertarian philosophy, but he also shows an affinity for Trump and Bolsonaro. He said the US election was stolen from Trump. He comes off as a bit of a demagogue. Maybe that's what you need to get media attention, but he rubs me the wrong way.

I am not challenging your dislike of him. His views certainly don't resonate with everyone and that is fine. I myself remain ambivalent about him I just don't like when the media lumps every non-leftwing, non-mainstream political candidate together as pseudo Trump/Bolsonaro".

From that news article I linked, itt seems like he is drawing the comparisons himself, but I agree with you.

What, you don't like the cute Violet Beauregarde vibe that Vidal radiates?
Isn't that...i don't know..objectification or stereotyping or some ess de caballo that's really de moda in half the world and intensely promoted here?

No. Vidal had her opportunity and lost it to the incredibly 200+ iq genius that is Mr. Axel Kiciloff. I don't think she needs a single minute more of consideration for anything important.

Back