Antofagasta to Salta by bus

wreReynolds

Registered
I will be in Antofagasta, Chile, next month and want to come back to Buenos Aires by bus. The Argentine portions are easy to figure out, but nobody here can tell me anything about the Antofagasta-Salta portion - my first link of three.
Has anyone done this trip? The travel agents here in BA say just do it when you are in Chile, but I really don't want to leave it to chance.
Any thoughts about the best bus companies (coche cama or better) and how to book from BA would be appreciated.
RR

Hi wre, I've not done that actual trip but I used to live in Antofagasta and a couple of my English friends who were also living there made that trip by bus. I've travelled all throughout Chile and usually I went by TurBus whenever I could. In my experience, I'd say they're the most reliable. If you can swing it, I'd pay for the Cama option. My buddies reported no issues with the voyage....

Here's the website for TurBus : http://www.turbus.cl/commerce/inicio.jsp
although I would use my Chilean RUT number (similar to DNI) to make a
reservation. At least that was the case when I was living there...

I've heard the views are quite nice, suerte!

wreReynolds said:
I will be in Antofagasta, Chile, next month and want to come back to Buenos Aires by bus. The Argentine portions are easy to figure out, but nobody here can tell me anything about the Antofagasta-Salta portion - my first link of three.
Has anyone done this trip? The travel agents here in BA say just do it when you are in Chile, but I really don't want to leave it to chance.
Any thoughts about the best bus companies (coche cama or better) and how to book from BA would be appreciated.
RR

I'm looking at Antofagasta/Salta/Tucumán then train to BsAs as a possible way of coming back next month and I wondered how things went for you back in April?

Back