Any body been to Chile?

I now live in Chile after almost 3 years in BA. It's a little more expensive but due to inflation in Argentina the gap is closing fast. Chile's probably about 10-20% more expensive these days. 3-4 Years ago it was around 50-75% more. Real estate is around the same price in Chile, sometimes cheaper, and prices are sustainable and more at this level due to easy credit access and strong demand by an expanding middle class.

With the obvious exception of beef, the quality of food and drinks is better in Chile in the supermarkets and eating out is better as well, although there are far fewer options to eat and drink in Chile. You can get Cabana las Lilas beef in the supermarkets if you really need a red meat fix. Electrical goods and cars are the same or cheaper than England, a little more than the US (that means 50-75% cheaper than in Argentina).

Argentina and Argentines are generally more fun than Chile and Chileans. Chileans are more serious and need a good kick up the arse to have fun. If you want any more info send me an email to realbuenosaires @ hotmail.com

"realba" said:
I now live in Chile after almost 3 years in BA. It's a little more expensive but due to inflation in Argentina the gap is closing fast. Chile's probably about 10-20% more expensive these days. 3-4 Years ago it was around 50-75% more. Real estate is around the same price in Chile, sometimes cheaper, and prices are sustainable and more at this level due to easy credit access and strong demand by an expanding middle class.

With the obvious exception of beef, the quality of food and drinks is better in Chile in the supermarkets and eating out is better as well, although there are far fewer options to eat and drink in Chile. You can get Cabana las Lilas beef in the supermarkets if you really need a red meat fix. Electrical goods and cars are the same or cheaper than England, a little more than the US (that means 50-75% cheaper than in Argentina).

Argentina and Argentines are generally more fun than Chile and Chileans. Chileans are more serious and need a good kick up the arse to have fun. If you want any more info send me an email to realbuenosaires @ hotmail.com
Waiting all night to bone a girl is not my idea of having a fun night out in BA. Partying if you know the places is probally a lot better in Santiago
Santiago has the small town menality which I don´t like, is a bit more expensive(and a lot more if you want to live like an elite) it´s isolated from the rest of the world and it´s not so easy to travel all over SA.
That are my main reasons for picking BA over SdC

My Question was: Anybody been to chile? How does the cost of living compare to Argentina?
Don't pay any attention to the jerk granadaiscool, you only encourgage him.
Anybody been to chile? How does the cost of living compare to Argentina?
DQ

"donquixote" said:
My Question was: Anybody been to chile? How does the cost of living compare to Argentina?
Don't pay any attention to the jerk granadaiscool, you only encourgage him.
Anybody been to chile? How does the cost of living compare to Argentina?
DQ
Sorry mate, my last visit to Chile was in 1989. I went to the Viña
del Mar Festival (working for EMI Records). I never returned. In
those days, Chile was under Pinochet's rule, so you can imagine what it
was like. Musicians and the military police have only one thing in
common: they hate each other's arses. Quite an experience.CheersErnie

"Pavel" said:
Waiting all night to bone a girl is not my idea of having a fun night out in BA.

What do you mean?
That there is no party in BA. If you looking for that you are better off somewhere else

Back