Any expats in the Northern suburbs?

SaraSara

Registered
I'm really not an expat but a repat - Argentine by birth, but lived all my adult life in the States.

All the get-togethers seem to be in Capital, and I live in San Isidro. That means a forty-five minute drive for me, if I'm lucky and the piqueteros are on vacation.

It would be nice to have a get-together for people in the Olivos to Tigre area.

Hi Sara..I started off in Beccar(centenario) and now moved to Boulogne(partido de San Isidro) however I am always in San Isidro as most of my students are from there.Although I drive ,like you,I find the events are always outside our area,although driveable-ah well give me a bell and we can meet up 1551641006 and form a Tigre /San Fernando/San Isidro (places that a lot of folk just never visit),meeting group..hehe,
regards,Howard

There are PLENTY of expats in Zona Norte but they tend to be families and people with stable, high paying jobs who live in big, expensive homes and send their kids to Lincoln School. There are several expat churches out your way - two Protestant and one Catholic. They will definitely offer you social activities however, again, they are very family oriented so if you are single you may not fit in the way you'd like. The HERALD is a good source of information about social activities in the northern suburbs. Look at their Day by Day column. If you like amateur theatrics, there is a Suburban Players group who perform in English.

Thanks for the pointers, Sergio. I'll check the BA Herald.

I guess we were one of those families until my husband died (his sisters went to the Lincoln School... :)). I have some ties to those expats, but would like to meet other, more adventuresome ones.

SaraSara said:
Thanks for the pointers, Sergio. I'll check the BA Herald.

I guess we were one of those families until my husband died (his sisters went to the Lincoln School... :)). I have some ties to those expats, but would like to meet other, more adventuresome ones.
Well my 2 boys don,t go to Lincoln.A) because they,ree too young and B) because their dad is a teacher(hehe):rolleyes:,,,,,where are you based in SI Sara?

The BsAs hash House Harriers meet up in your area of the Province regularly. A lot of the established members live in the San Isidro, Martinez, Accassusso area, so we run and have our get togethers there. This weekend, Sunday, we are in Martinez, and the hash is a great way for people to meet in a social environment - Check out the post on the Events Forum. And don't worry about running, we have walkers, runners, all and everyone is welcome.....

Liam3494 said:
The BsAs hash House Harriers meet up in your area of the Province regularly. A lot of the established members live in the San Isidro, Martinez, Accassusso area, so we run and have our get togethers there. This weekend, Sunday, we are in Martinez, and the hash is a great way for people to meet in a social environment - Check out the post on the Events Forum. And don't worry about running, we have walkers, runners, all and everyone is welcome.....
BUT IT,S VALENTINES DAY LIAM,,,,,i,LL BE THERE FOR THE NEXT...IN ONE PIECE,SALUDOS HOWARD;)

Back