Any Experience Ordering Online From The Us (Amazon, Etc)

It is with great sadness (owing to my addiction to books) that I no longer have books sent here. I ordered four books since I arrived here. I thought the first was lost but about four months later, wallah!, it showed up. Next I ordered three different books from three different venders. Not a one of them ever reached me. I live in Palermo, in case that makes a difference.

Consequently I don't order books any more. The shipping costs more than the books themselves so it gets pretty expensive and I refuse to make the vender replace them since I know whose fault it is--not the vender! However, in the past anything my son sends me directly has arrived. Perhaps if I sent the books to him and had him repackage them, the story would be different. This is one drawback to me of living here (but I like it otherwise). I do love ordering and reading books.

It is with great sadness (owing to my addiction to books) that I no longer have books sent here. I ordered four books since I arrived here. I thought the first was lost but about four months later, wallah!, it showed up. Next I ordered three different books from three different venders. Not a one of them ever reached me. I live in Palermo, in case that makes a difference.

Consequently I don't order books any more. The shipping costs more than the books themselves so it gets pretty expensive and I refuse to make the vender replace them since I know whose fault it is--not the vender! However, in the past anything my son sends me directly has arrived. Perhaps if I sent the books to him and had him repackage them, the story would be different. This is one drawback to me of living here (but I like it otherwise). I do love ordering and reading books.

As a book lover myself , I had the same problem. Until my son gave me a Barnes & Noble Nook for Christmas last year. Now I download all my books , and I love it. I miss holding a real book , but this is a great option.

Back