Any Experience?

Dmiller

Registered
Hey i want to order something online( at Aliexpress) and i was wondering if anyone has had problems using there american credit card and then getting the item shipped directly to Buenos Aires.

Sure, customs. Only if the shipment is an EMC under 500 grams it goes straight to your home. Otherwise you have to do customs at the building of the international mail at Retiro. Forget about electronics and shoes.
The tax is 50% of what you pay. They also have books with the prices of many things and they are going to charge you using that. Shoes and electronics tax is about 100%.

i am not talking about customs. i am talking about having problems with my card being processed because the shipping address is in a different country than the billing address.

It is easily solved. Most credit cards will provide you with an alternate mailing address if requested to do so. AMEX usually does it. You need to call customer service and they will enter that address into their system. Once that is in place you should be ok ordering online with a shipping address different from the billing one.
Some credit cards refuse to do it. Hope yours is one of the friendlier type.

you can order online with your foreign credit card.. mine is registered to my address in the USA, so I just check the statement online.. I have purchased things directly from India without any problems. Its like sending a gift to someone with a different mailing address... If they send it with Fedex it will come to your house and you pay some taxes then.. If its sent by regular mail you have to go to Retiro...

Back