Any interest in an in person book group?

Hello All!

I'm just putting it out there to assess if there is any interest in forming an in person book group.

I've only been able to locate ones that are being held virtual.

If so, please let me know??

Thanks!!

Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth. I'm forming an English language book club along with Silvina. Please let us now if you'd be interested in joining us. We already have one other person!!
 
Hello All!

OK glad to see we have some interest!

I think the first thing to do is ask people to complete a little survey of their preferences for the meetings.

If you would please kindly cut & paste, answering the following questions, then I can set about arranging the first meeting.

I look forward to hearing back from everyone!

Thanks!

Elizabeth

  1. Do you have a preference for the types of books / genres we read?
  2. Do you have a preference for location in BA for the group to meet?
  3. What days of the week work best for a 2 hour meeting?
  4. What time of day works best for a 2 hour meeting?
  5. How often can you meet? Weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly?
  6. Are you OK with doing an email exchange to coordinate our meetings? Does baexpats allow this?
  7. Are you OK with selecting books that are easy to access from online websites such as Internet Archive or other online libraries? It is a bit harder to source all English language books here in BA.
Hi Elizabeth. I just realized how far along you got with this. Does the club still exist??
 
Hi Elizabeth. I'm forming an English language book club along with Silvina. Please let us now if you'd be interested in joining us. We already have one other person!!
Hi! Yes I am interested if it will be in person!!
 
Hi Elizabeth. I just realized how far along you got with this. Does the club still exist??
Hi! I just responded to your other message. I had not made any progress getting one started. I am still interested in attending yours if it is in person?? Thanks!
 
Hello again. Yes, definitely in-person. Can I share my whatsapp with you? With you it would be 4 people so we're off to a good start.
I'm Grant. Whatsapp number is +1 857 370 9912.
 
Back
Top