Any place that'd be willing to accept clothes & books?

tammy

Registered
Just wondering if anyone here knows of a place or people who'd take three bags of clothes and a pile of books for free. Kind of a shame to throw it all away.

Thanks,
M

I know a Jewish agency that distribute used clothing (Tzedaka),
it is located on Serrano St and Corrients Av, in Villa Crespo, or in a big Jewish school in Mosconi Av(Villa Devoto).
If you want I will pick them up and deliver them , they are straight people.
Henry 4687-1604

Remember nothing need ever be wasted in Buenos Aires so even if you live in an apartment , if you have stuff that maybe isn't quite good enough to donate to a good cause, sort it, bag it and leave it on the pavement for the cartoneros.

I know that Iglesia de Guadalupe (located at Palermo) organizes once in a while ferias americanas (vintage fairs) to sell used clothes to sell and make some profit for charities purposes.

I always take stuff to Hospital Fernandez, entrance on Bulnes y Cervino, first door at the right, it's the co-operative, they distribute them along poor patients tru nuns

In our neighbourhood women regularly ring the bell asking if we have anything to give -- usually on the weekend. We try to clean out our closets pretty regularly and keep everything in bags ready to be taken down. If no one comes by my husband will usually ask one of the cartoneros if they'd be interested.

The books you should have no problem giving awa or taking to one of the used book sellers (in Parque Centenario, Santa Fe, Rivadavia etc)

Back