Any Scandinavians here?

Noruega

Registered
Hello! As you can see from my name I am from Norway and moving to Argentina soon. I know there are only about 200 Norwegians in BA, but more Swedes and Danes. Anyone here on this board?

Non Scandinavian here but spent a few months in Denmark and I sure as hell miss Royal blue beer and remoulade! :)

I am a Swede thats been living here since 2007, but will move back to our beloved north with porteña wife and 2 kids in a couple of months.
Some Scandinavian related recomendations are:
Olsen(restaurant with smörrebröd, scandinavian brunch, vodkas and snaps/aquavit i think)
Christmas bazaar(Swedish church)kaviar, hårdbröd, lingonsylt, pepparkakor, glögg etc.
Santa Lucia(Swedish church)
Club Sueco restaurant(Same building as the Swedish embassy)
Scandinavian rowing club in the Tigre delta(only read about the club)
Obera(Swedish/Scandinavian settlement in Misiones province. Never been there, but hopefully one day).
Check Scandinavian embassy webpages, they usually have information for upcoming music, film, theater etc thats related to Scandinavia.
Disco, supermarkets sometimes sell Carlsberg beer, which I normally wouldnt consider a favourite, but after some years with not so great Argentinian/Brazilian beer tastes like heaven.
Snus and tobacco can be ordered online from Northerner . Delivery usually takes up to 4-5 weeks. ~40 US$ for a roll of ten. Don´t order more at once and it gets delivered to you door(hopefully).

Ha en bra dag!

Thanks guys! Realisateur, I have to confess I have never tried Royal blue beer...

ItsyBits, thanks for all this great info. I went to Olsen last year when I was there on vacation, very cool place. Santa Lucia is my favorite Swedish event so I will definitely check that out at the Swedish church. And I had never heard of Obera, how interesting!

I don't use snus or tobacco so I don't have to worry about that! :) Usually when living abroad the only thing I miss is makrell i tomat...

Tusen takk!

Hej hej, I'm a Swedish girl who on and off lives in BA. Well me fiance is argentinian, so I live here half the year and half the year in Sweden. I've been doing this for some years. At the moment I'm still in Stockholm, but in two weeks I'll be down enjoying the Baires spring. Let me know if you have any questions about stuff or want to meet up for a coffee later on ([email protected]). For how long are you staying? Ha det bra!

Tjena Jenny! Not sure how long I will stay, we will see how it goes! Will send you an email so that you have my contact info. What a great way to split your time - there is always spring or summer somewhere!

Hi!
I'm Swedish and just moved to BA. I'd be happy to meet friends and explore Buenos Aires, so just send me a message when you arrive.
Vi hörs!

Now that all the Scandinavians are looking into this thread, I cannot help myself but ask: Is Tarja Turunen lurking the board by any chance? :p

Back