Any Scandinavians here?

Hej!
A swede here :)! I live in Belgrano and are up for a coffe or any activity!
Jane

Now that all the Scandinavians are looking into this thread, I cannot help myself but ask: Is Tarja Turunen lurking the board by any chance? :p
I had to look her up, had never heard of her... (Also, Finland is not really considered Scandinavia! :) )

I am impressed that there are 4 Swedes here, cool! Will message you when I arrive!

I had to look her up, had never heard of her... (Also, Finland is not really considered Scandinavia! :) )

Yeah, she married an Argentinian dude (of very questionable character) and now lives here.
I did not know that the Finns were not considered Scandinavians. May I ask what defines a "Scandinavian"? Wasn't Finland part of the Swedish Empire at some point? Why are they not considered Scandinavians?

I think the confusion is because geographically Finland belongs to Scandinavia, but linguistic it does not. Swedes, Norwegians and Danes speaks pretty much the same language, kind of like very strong accents. Finland on the other hand has an entirely different language. Iceland has similar language but does not belong geographically.

I think the correct usage is:
Scandinavia: Sweden, Denmark, Norway
Nordic countries: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland

Maybe there are some members from Finland or Iceland that could give their input on this?

I think the correct usage is:
Scandinavia: Sweden, Denmark, Norway
Nordic countries: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland

Maybe there are some members from Finland or Iceland that could give their input on this?
This is correct, I believe. An easy way to remember it is that NO, SE and DK share Scandinavian Airlines while Finland has Finair and Iceland has IcelandAir!

Hi there.
I'm a Danish girl who just moved to Buenos Aires to day!! I would be more than happy to meet up and have a coffee or so. Have a nice trip!
Best / Pernille

Hi.

I am also a Danish girl that moved to BA last year. I would love meeting up with Scandinavian people as I, when living so far away from Denmark, consider all Scandinavians as Danes haha

Hi Frk.
Where do you live in BA? And why did you initially move to the city?:)
I just arrived in San Telmo - looking forward to learning Spanish and writing amazing stories from this part of the world (I'm a journalist).

Hei Pernille, hei Frk! I am Norwegian and also do some writing for the Norwegian press, so would love to meet up. I am fluent in Spanish so happy to help with Spanish-Scandinavian language issues!

Back