Any Scandinavians here?

For the Swedes, this post is asking for English-Swedish translators: http://baexpats.org/topic/23403-translators-needed-english-to-frenchswedish/

Hej,

I lived in Sweden for one year (Lunds Universitet international grad student) and I loved my times there sooooooo much.

Suedes were unbelievably kind, helpful, honest and warm, so if any of you needs any advice about Buenos Aires or just wanna go for fika, let me know!!!!

Oh, about the scandinavia/nordic countries discussion: One of my best friends is from Lithuania and she considers herlsefl Nordic (although they are officially "baltic countries"). So is there any official definition of "Nordic countries"?

I think the confusion is because geographically Finland belongs to Scandinavia, but linguistic it does not. Swedes, Norwegians and Danes speaks pretty much the same language, kind of like very strong accents. Finland on the other hand has an entirely different language. Iceland has similar language but does not belong geographically.

I think the correct usage is:
Scandinavia: Sweden, Denmark, Norway
Nordic countries: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, Iceland

Maybe there are some members from Finland or Iceland that could give their input on this?

Hej,

I lived in Sweden for one year (Lunds Universitet international grad student) and I loved my times there sooooooo much.

Suedes were unbelievably kind, helpful, honest and warm, so if any of you needs any advice about Buenos Aires or just wanna go for fika, let me know!!!!

Oh, about the scandinavia/nordic countries discussion: One of my best friends is from Lithuania and she considers herlsefl Nordic (although they are officially "baltic countries"). So is there any official definition of "Nordic countries"?
Hi Volver! Fika is such a Swedish thing, I wish we had it in Norway too! :) (But I guess I could just do it anyway!)

I think technically Nordic countries are Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Iceland.

This Scandinavian has finally arrived! My day off is Mondays for now, so if anyone has Mondays off, I´d love to meet up!

Hi!! Are you still here? I came recently to Argentina from Copenhagen and I would love to chat in Danish!

Back