Any Scots in BA?

I think there is an Scotish band, with bagpipes and everything.
Send me a PM and I will dig it up.

HenryNisental said:
I think there is an Scotish band, with bagpipes and everything.
Send me a PM and I will dig it up.

at one time there were three pipe bands in BA

not too sure , how many there are now...

probably like many Scots , pipe bands and the whole rigmarole is "nice" but not really of great interest.

Scottish people today are more interested in Deacon Blue, Hue and Cry , Annie Lennox, Simple Minds, Texas and a whole host of other bands and singers than traditional music.

but if you are interested here is part of the history

http://highlandthistle.wetpaint.com/page/History

I'm not Scottish, but I attended the 15th anniversary of the Buenos Aires Scottish Guard, the ceremonial ensemble of the Scottish Argentine Society in November 2011, at the Buenos Aires English High School in Belgrano R.

Eddie Macrae (4312 7244) is the president of the society. They organized a fabulous event of music and dance called the Tartan Ball. I went because I love the bagpipes. The grand march was spectacular. It was a night of traditional country dances, Cumberland Reel, Virginia Reel, etc.

The society was formed to preserve and promote Scottish culture, history, music and traditions. They organize various cultural events that are open to all.

glasgowjohn said:
Scottish people today are more interested in Deacon Blue, Hue and Cry , Annie Lennox, Simple Minds, Texas

showing our age a little ... lol

I much prefer Franz Ferdinand or amy macdonald stuff like that, not to mention the proclaimers :p

walkingtwig said:
showing our age a little ... lol

I much prefer Franz Ferdinand or amy macdonald stuff like that, not to mention the proclaimers :p

too right...

but the proclaimers are about the same generation , more or less

And if i had mentioned Average White Band , I would have really given my age away

Back