Anybody Hailed A Uber At Ezeiza

Ceviche

Registered
If so how was the experience?

In the sense, where did the driver exactly stop the car to pick you up at Ezeiza.

How were the tolls taken care of?

what did it cost to where?

Thanks.

Two weeks ago on a Fri morning from EZE. My ex requested to be picked up at the bus stop located about 100m from the main entrance to the lobby of the airport. He wanted to avoid the maneuvering that goes on while waiting at the curb where all the taxi drivers hang out. Driver arrived on time.....10.30am. Vehicle..... 2014 Renault Kangoo pick-up. Fare to Caballito.....$377.00. He assumed it included the tolls as there was no additional charge.

The driver was polite and engaged in friendly conversation. He owned a taxi for 10 years. Sold it in 2013. Purchased the Kangoo to start a licensed courier service as an independent contractor. Transports documents (and the occasional passenger carrying the documents) back and forth to Tribunales Comodoro Py, gov't bldgs in La Plata, etc. Registered with Uber 2 months ago for additional income. So far, so good. Agrees the service should be regulated. Taxi union unwilling to sit down with gov't to negotiate modifications to the current legislation. This is in spite of their statistics for March-May show business is down about 40%. Mainly due to the slow down of the economy. There are no specific numbers to show how the introduction of Uber has impacted on their livelihood.

Agrees the service should be regulated. Taxi union unwilling to sit down with gov't to negotiate modifications to the current legislation.

I'll definitely catch an uber to the airport next trip. Go uber!!!!!

Regulation in this country is very bad for the consumer. The longer uber can go without regulation the better.

Here's a crazy idea... how about it SELF regulate.

Last night I was a bit inconvenienced at Ezeiza. Though I am lover of "Taxis" in BA but for going to the airport and returning from the airport, I have so far - always used Remis.

Normally I use "Taxi Ezeiza" or " Transfer Express". So yesterday when I arrived at Ezeiza, I found that ALL the remi services had no availability. ( I reckon cos of hols.).so finally the Taxi ezeiza found me a driver. To my bad luck, the driver was on his first ever assignment. Did not know where was Palermo and after I sat in his car, he took 15 minutes to take out his GPS to set it up. So I returned back to Taxi Ezeiza counter to ask for a replacement. But the woman there started shrieking at me and said ( in Spanish) " you take your money back. I can not give you a replacement". I was astounded at the customer service. To my good luck, a "taxi ezeiza" driver who was standing nearby seemed to like me and finally took my business and dropped me home. He was so good and the streets so empty that he was in 30 minutes or less in Palermo!

Made me think, I need to have a plan B for returning from airport and henceforth my query.

---

On other hand Caballito is pretty close to airport as compared to Palermo so the fare of 377 does not look too cheap!

I've been catching the airport taxi too and have been very happy with it. The price and service has been really good, especially as I was able to book a taxi when i was overseas and it was waiting for me when i arrived. The sign up process online is a bit stupid, like it was designed by an it person but overall much better than a remis and general taxi.

I'll try uber to support them and to have options.

Another problem with UBER in BA is that there don't seem to be enough of them. Today afternoon, I was in Villa Crespo and looking for a UBER ( to test it) but the app for running for 10 minutes with my request. None found!

I have been using the same remis w/same driver since 2010 to go from Caballito to EZE. Picks me upon my return 2 months later. In Sept, 2015 he charged me $400 pesos each way. Taxi VIP, which is a remis service out of EZE, was charging $450.00 when I inquired in Nov. 2015.

In January, 2016 the same remis charged me $425 pesos each way. I plan to use him again when I travel this Sept. My driver is reliable and safe and I don't have to activate any cellphone upon arrival in EZE. The price difference between my remis and Uber (to date approx $50 pesos) does not warrant I switch vendors. Nevertheless I am pro Uber for CABA for all the persons who can benefit from this service.

Taxi VIP, which is a remis service out of EZE, was charging $450.00 when I inquired in Nov. 2015.

Another problem with UBER in BA is that there don't seem to be enough of them. Today afternoon, I was in Villa Crespo and looking for a UBER ( to test it) but the app for running for 10 minutes with my request. None found!

Agreed, I've had evenings where there are more uber than flies and other times like this morning when there was nothing.

The prices are variable too. The other night I took a regular trip and it was the same price as a cab. Two hours later the return trip was $10 pesos less.

I have no complaints however. Regardless of whether it succeeds or fails, it's forcing positive change now.

Back