Anybody tell me where to buy adapter for netbook?

JoeBlow

Registered
Hi all,

I just bought a netbook in the US which I assume I can just plug in in Argentina if I get an adapter (for the different shaped prongs)?

Can anybody confirm this? I don't need a converter, right?

Do you know where I could buy an adapter?

Thanks for your time.

I don't know of any laptop thats not dual voltage, but, to be sure, you can check on the block on your power cord and it will have the voltage tolerances indicated.

You can buy plug adapters at most hardware or lighting stores.

If found a five "outlet" plug strip that accepts both the round and flat Argentine plugs as well as US style plugs (including the ground pin) in each "outlet" at one shop, but that was at least five years ago. I think I bought it at the "Universal" bazar on Santa Fe in Palermo near Scalabrini Ortiz.

This strip is great because I can plug in my Dell laptop with a US plug, a Logitec speaker system with two round prong plugs, and an LG monitor with the flat three prong Argentine style plug...and still have two free outlets for other use (charging my flashlight or hair trimmer, etc.)

I've used three different brands of laptops here (IBM, Toshiba, and Dell) and none needed a converter/transformer.

Be careful buying a prong adapter, some are very poorly constructed. As for where to buy you might try 537 Florida, that's the Galeria Jardin, or a decent hardware store. Or Alamtec (La casa del transformador), Paraná 218/220 Tel: 4371-1023 (Rotativas)
http://www.alamtec.com.ar
www.alamtecherramientas.com.ar
Email: [email protected]

Or Easy - and if you are going to be living here you want to experience Easy - sort of like a Home Depot in the States, www.easy.com.ar

Bob

for the plug adapter, I've never had a problem with the ones they sell on the street, nor the ones they sell in easy, don't over complicate it, they sell them everywhere.

Walk down Corrientes in the microcenter.

Walk down Florida in the microcenter.

Go to your local hardware store.

Go to your local lighting store.

Walk around Palermo Soho on the weekends. Especially on Costa Rica between Armenia & Malabia (walk on the building side of the street).

Laptops/Notebooks/Netbooks do not need converters, just adapters.

You guys rock (BobG, Steve, Philip, Napolean Dynamite)!

The only thing the computer says on the cord (on a small box at the plug) is

100-240v.

I guess that's good news for Arg, but I thought there were only two types of current in the world, either 110 or 220.

Thanks again!

JoeBlow said:
The only thing the computer says on the cord (on a small box at the plug) is

100-240v.

I guess that's good news for Arg, but I thought there were only two types of current in the world, either 110 or 220.

Well, then I guess that you're MORE than covered.

If the only thing the computer says on the cord (on a small box at the plug) is 100-240v, it means your computer will function properly with voltage as low as 100 and as high as 240.

I don't know about Macs, but in the PC world I think that would mean only that the computer operates equally well on all voltages between 100 and 240v. I mean, really, do you know of a PC, desktop or laptop, which functions properly?!? :D

Bob

steveinbsas said:
If the only thing the computer says on the cord (on a small box at the plug) is 100-240v, it means your computer will function properly with voltage as low as 100 and as high as 240.

Back