Anybody trying to fly out to get vaccinated and then return?

I’ve arranged travel for several clients who went for the express purpose of vaccination.

If you’re related to an Argentine you can fly no problem even if not a PR*. (With one important caveat - see below). If you’re a PR you can fly, case closed.

*The only issue with traveling as a relative is that the relationship must be documented in a manner acceptable to Argentine authorities. If you married an Argentine in Argentina, you’re home. Same if you had a child born here.

But if, say, you married an Argentine abroad, or you are Argentine but have kids born abroad, the marriage certificate, birth certificate and whatnot must be apostilled, or legalized by an Argentine consulate. Otherwise, the document has no value here.
I'm working with Ben to set up a return to the states. I would much rather receive the double dose Moderna or Pfizer jab than stay here for one jab, with no word as to when you could be fully vaccinated. I like to travel and I don't want to be in a situation where my vaccination history is a possible burden rather than an asset. As for returning, I think I'll wait until the Argentine winter is over and then contend with the possible issues of having only a temp residency.

Just keep in mind that they are now saying possibly by mid April there will be only four international flights a day to Argentina. I am in the States now (I came to be vaccinated) and I hope my return flight to Argentina doesn't get reprogrammed for weeks later before I get my second dose in ten days. They are already reducing the number of flights: only six on Tuesday and ten on Wednesday of this week.
https://www.infobae.com/politica/20...acionales-por-dia-podran-aterrizar-en-ezeiza/

Last edited:
I'm leaving on American on 4/11. Any rumors about flights being cancelled by then?

I'm leaving on American on 4/11. Any rumors about flights being cancelled by then?
According to the article posted above, Aerolíneas, American and United have all cancelled flights and have begun notifying passengers.

i don't think flights will be canceled completely. you will just have to wait and see if yours goes at planned or is rescheduled, since they are only allowing 4 at a time

i had a flight on united for the 19th back to the usa...i just checked says canceled on the united app .... damn i didnt even get an email telling me...

i am hoping it is date change...

i don't think flights will be canceled completely. you will just have to wait and see if yours goes at planned or is rescheduled, since they are only allowing 4 at a time
They said their goal is 4 daily flights towards en of April, so it will be gradual.

yes i had to change the flight to the 23rd... thank goodness for you guys .... you are my best source of information .... cheers

At least they are still promoting mass gatherings and concerts to get as many people together in a close space jumping and screaming on top of each other. The more they can spread covid within the community locally the more they need to shut the borders - makes complete sense. Welcome to Argentina lol

On vaccination here in America - people here in California who didn't want to wait have been rolling to other states to get vaccinated. In New Orleans you can just walk into the convention center and be vaccinated without any wait or fuss about residency. It's incredible. We're almost there here in SF too at ~50% vaccinated (at least one dose) and doing 1% per day.

Back