Anyone coming to Mar del Plata or Miramar ? Meet up?

:::rain:::

Registered
Hi all :) I moved to Argentina a few months ago to live here. (just found this forum now yeay). I'm 25, been living in Toronto Canada.

Anyways I'm currently living in Miramar which is a 30 min drive from Mar del Plata. Wondering if anyone was heading to the coast this summer and would like to meet up for a cup o´ tea and a chat !?

(PS. BTW Miramar is beautiful in the summer and the beaches are not aaas crowded as in Mar del Plata. I recommend it.)

Wow..I would have never thought of a Canadian living in Miramar...
What make you move to there?? I love it during the summer, but frankly in winter I find it a little depressing...

Actually I live in capital federal but I have an apartment there. We rent it for the summer (january / february) and try to go as often as we can during long weekends, sometimes during December or March...

I've got a South African friend who has moved to Mar del Plata. She has started a Facebook group for expats in Mar del Plata. (She literally started the group today, so there's only two people in the group right now.)

Anyway, that might be another way to get in touch with Expats down there and she's very cool.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=35456469086&ref=mf

suerte

Gaby said:
Wow..I would have never thought of a Canadian living in Miramar...
What make you move to there?? I love it during the summer, but frankly in winter I find it a little depressing...

Actually I live in capital federal but I have an apartment there. We rent it for the summer (january / february) and try to go as often as we can during long weekends, sometimes during December or March...

Hi Gaby! Er, I am actually not Canadian but I've been living there the past 6 or so years ( I like to think I'm one lol, I love Canada) My Parents are Argentinian, but they left Argentina to live in Africa 35 years ago and I was born there. (phew)

My parents recently moved here too and they wanted to find a quiet beach town to settle in where they could buy a small chakra with a lovely big garden. I'll probably head off to live in Capital Federal early next year.

Miramar during the winter is very quiet...thoough definately not as quiet as per say Pinamar! With Mar del PLata only a 30 minute drive away, its not so bad. Where abouts is your apartment, out of curiosity, overlooking the beach? We're situated close to the small airport on Calle 9.

Well if your ever around the coast and you feel like a bit of english company. send me an email! [email protected]

Napoleon said:
I've got a South African friend who has moved to Mar del Plata. She has started a Facebook group for expats in Mar del Plata. (She literally started the group today, so there's only two people in the group right now.)

Anyway, that might be another way to get in touch with Expats down there and she's very cool.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=35456469086&ref=mf

suerte

Hey thanks a bunch! What a coincidence! I was born in Southern Africa too (Zimbabwe), I have quite a few friends in SA. Will definately look into this group and getting in touch with your buddy. Thankx for the link! ! !

Back