Anyone Have Info On Living In Salta Or Misiones?

I think Misiones is the MOST beatiful province.Not only due to the Iguazu falls, the place is subtropical, and looks like a Brazilian site. Plenty of fruits, beatiful girls, many descendants of Germans, Swiss, Danish and Poles. Plus is near Paraguay and Brazil, where you can buy imported stuff not available here. I would recommend El Dorado, Montecarlo, Oberá,etc.
I have relatives there.

Misiones can be interesting, but almost invariably hot, wet and sticky. A nice place to visit, for a few days, but I wouldn't want to live there.

Locro looks very good.!

Locro (from the Quechua ruqru) is a hearty thick stew popular along the Andes mountain range. It's one of the national dishes of Argentina, Bolivia, Peru, Chile and Ecuador. The dish is a classic corn, beans, and potato or cucurbita soup well known along the South American Andes.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]--Misiones can be interesting, but almost invariably hot, wet and sticky--. [/background]

For 6 months of the year Missiones has perfect weather.

In Salta and Misiones you wont have the expat population and get togethers that you you will find in BA. Also the type of gringos that end up in Salta or Missiones are often those that are happy to get away from fellow expats so you would feel kind of isolated and pioneering - but maybe thats what you are after.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]--Misiones can be interesting, but almost invariably hot, wet and sticky--. [/background]

For 6 months of the year Missiones has perfect weather.

In Salta and Misiones you wont have the expat population and get togethers that you you will find in BA. Also the type of gringos that end up in Salta or Missiones are often those that are happy to get away from fellow expats so you would feel kind of isolated and pioneering - but maybe thats what you are after.

Misiones generally has mild winters, but it still rains quite a lot. Summer - and it's a long one - can be really trying.

I think Misiones is the MOST beatiful province.Not only due to the Iguazu falls, the place is subtropical, and looks like a Brazilian site. Plenty of fruits, beatiful girls, many descendants of Germans, Swiss, Danish and Poles. Plus is near Paraguay and Brazil, where you can buy imported stuff not available here. I would recommend El Dorado, Montecarlo, Oberá,etc.
I have relatives there.

Thanks Henry. I thought so. It sounded like a great place from what I heard. Are those towns you mention accessible only by car though...not sure I'll have one. Do you know if it's possible for a gringo to get a temporary apartment in any of those places? Or are there inns or pensions and so on where you can stay longer term.

Back