Anyone Have Info On Plazo Fijo?

pclove

Registered
Plazo Fijos are popular here, and I am wondering if a foreginer can legitimately invest this way without a DNI.

If anyone has anyone has experience with this, please share.

Thanks.

I think if you have money you will be able to create a [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Plazo Fijo[/background]. I do not trust in [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Plazo Fijos[/background], several times in Argentina, the banks robbed the deposits in times of crisis, and then "anda a cantarle Gardel" Now are tempting people with high interest rates.
the biggest lie of the [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Plazos Fijos: [/background]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhfmxxSmL-I
just my opionion, living 25 years in arg

Thanks for the input. Anything with banks here makes me nervous too, so maybe I need to find a different method to invest. Maybe selling weed and empanadas. :p

Banco de la nacion Plazo fijo in dollars is actually a good deal, of course you have to weigh it against the risk of a corralito.

An oft looked over investment here is the stock market. It is extremely high risk, but also extremely high reward. If you found someone that was a real expert, you could make a lot of money.

Plazo Fijos are popular here, and I am wondering if a foreginer can legitimately invest this way without a DNI.

If anyone has anyone has experience with this, please share.

Thanks.

This article is in Spanish http://www.tuplazofijo.com.ar/plazos-fijos/procedimiento/ to summarize, you need a DNI, LC, or LE and a CUIT / CUIL or CDI to open a plazo fijo here.

As of Thursday September 12th, Banco de la Nación Argentina pays just over 19% on a 90 day CD (plazo fijo) in pesos if you open the plazo fijo with online banking. Opening it at the branch is about 5 percentage points less. I personally have never known anybody that doesn't have a DNI that has been able to open a bank account here, but have heard it's possible from several people on the board. I have always put my money in plazo fijos here (in both pesos and a very small amount of dollars which pays just under 1%), since I got my DNI 6 years ago. I've never had my money confiscated or anything like that. My advice is this, use Argentina's banks as ONE of your investment tools, don't keep all of your money here, if you have the possibility to keep a good portion of it in your home country in banks, stocks, mutual funds - like the investment experts say, a mix of investment options. One thing I was told by the manager of a bank here though is this (and it was a manager of ANOTHER bank) keep your money in one of the 3 following banks - Banco de la Nación Argentina, Banco Provincia, or Banco Ciudad. All of these are government banks and charge much lower fees than the private banks, and are not private companies that can go belly up. The are funded by taxpayers. Also bank deposits here are now insured up to $100,000 pesos by the government similar to the FDIC in the USA. They used to be insured up to $30,000 but this was raised a few years ago to $100,000.

My friend was offered 2.15% for a 12 month plazo fijo by banco la nacion. I think the minimum was 20k. It was timed with the blanqueo and he was seriously considering it, but decided he didn't trust the banks that much.

My friend was offered 2.15% for a 12 month plazo fijo by banco la nacion. I think the minimum was 20k. It was timed with the blanqueo and he was seriously considering it, but decided he didn't trust the banks that much.
I go with plazos fijos on and off, of course never longer than 30 days - psst this is Argentina! - however in times of elections, I would not go with any plazo fijo: keep your money handy or in usd even if you have to buy at blue rate, and you will be fine. Then after elections, you see what you do. Nest elections : Oct 27 - run your numbers.

Back