Anyone know a cheap way to send a big box of clothes to the US?

How cheap? I checked with the airlines it cost a $100 to ship a box, but that was with flying. Check with UPS or FedEX or DHL.

criswkh said:
How cheap? I checked with the airlines it cost a $100 to ship a box, but that was with flying. Check with UPS or FedEX or DHL.

About a year ago the "special" rate for a FedEx 25 kilo box was about $350US and you must use their box to get the rate. At least the box was free, though smaller than you might expect. Check their web site for the current rates.

My husband shipped a motorcycle helmet a few months back and it was around 75 U.S. dollars...this was from the post office downtown...inside the same building where you pick up packages...This was a heavy one and I felt this was a fair price...

We wanted to send Christmas gifts last year...and to ship 2 small boxes, 5 kilos each, it would have cost us 150 dollars DHL! Needless to say the gifts went with us next trip back...Christmas in July:rolleyes:

that does not solve a whole lot of problems. I am trying NOT to spend a fortune and 350 dollars is ridiculous. The post office does not allow you to bring a mega-box like the USPS which means I would have to lug a ton of boxes across Belgrano, stand in line for a billion hours and then spend a fortune. I was trying to avoid that. I am not traveling for time being....

Back