Anyone seen CousCous on sale recently

Markgeezer

Registered
It used to be easy to get before CK stopped certain imports. I used to buy it in Jumbo, but also purchased in other big supermarkets and China Town. I haven't seen any for a long time so would appreciate any news of cous cous sightings (preferably imported) on sale wherever. I really like using it instead of rice for a change espec. when I cook Moroccan food.

I don´t think this will be of any help, saw couscous yesterday in a small but very busy supermarket on Arenales and Esmeralda streets, in fact would normally never notice it as I dont eat it, but I had to look around it to find the white rice! I have no idea if it was imported.

There is a imported food section at my local Coto in Honduras and Bulnes.

They normally have Cous Cous. I buy it often, athough quite expensive.

solerboy said:
There is a imported food section at my local Coto in Honduras and Bulnes.

They normally have Cous Cous. I buy it often, athough quite expensive.

Thanks and let me know if they still sell it.... it used to be everywhere. My observation is that it has disappeared from the shelves as I was buying it regularly.

There is a stall in the cooperative market which is on Bonpland, between Gorriti and Honduras (only open tues, fri and sat 10am-8pm) which sells couscous.

The box that DISCO used to sell for AR$20, is now AR$30. (A blue box) You can still find it for ~AR$20 in Chinatown, but I went with the AR$13 bag (500gr) rather than AR$20 box (500gr).

I've been eating it this week. Rather yummy.

I would check the Armenian bakeries in the vicinity of Cordoba/Scalabrini Ortiz. They were still carrying imported couscous and other Middle Eastern products the last time I was there (back in December.)

Back