Anyone Speak English? Asado?

CJLenBSAS87

Registered
A bit of a rhetorical question there, but honestly I've been living here for 2 years now but have never made an english speaking friend. Every one i've ever made has been argentine, now that I'm hitting the two year mark I'm starting to feel the effects of being away from home for so long and after recently coming across this forum decided it would do me well to make some expat friends. I was thinking of organizing an asado or dinner here at my home in san isidro. Food, drink, and good conversation. Just a way to get to know new people. If anyone would be interested let me know.. I'm desperate to speak some english!

Congratulations, most people on this site say that they cannot make any Argentine friends.
I'm not here for long enough, but offers of beer, or even decent pizza will bring them flooding in. Not to mention peanut butter. :rolleyes:

BTW I believe that there are places still available for the expats dinner, see top of home page.

I agree with tangobob!

I'm interested in Asado and meeting new people :)

We should organize something linis, we can try to get a few more from the forum, everyone should bring a friend so they feel more comfortable, i'll surely have one or two of mine but like i mentioned they are all from around here, but thats great, we can throw some spanish into the mix. Im lucky enough to have an indoor quincho w/ parrilla, so we dont need to worry about the weather :) I see you just joined, new to buenos aires? or just to the forum?

Would love to get together for an asado. We are here for two more weeks. We are on the Subte D line.

CJLenBSAS87 said:
A bit of a rhetorical question there, but honestly I've been living here for 2 years now but have never made an english speaking friend. Every one i've ever made has been argentine, now that I'm hitting the two year mark I'm starting to feel the effects of being away from home for so long and after recently coming across this forum decided it would do me well to make some expat friends. I was thinking of organizing an asado or dinner here at my home in san isidro. Food, drink, and good conversation. Just a way to get to know new people. If anyone would be interested let me know.. I'm desperate to speak some english!

Are you ingles or yanqui? All my Argy friends have pissed off to England (for the UK polo season) so I'm prepared to speak a bit of English now as long as eating is involved.

We are North American (now residing in NH). We are renting in Nunez off of Cabildo. And you? Working down here?

I've got a great roof terrace and flat in the heart of Palermo Soho as a venue for a english speaking party.... and am keen to meet new folks, having been here a month or two and flooded by visitors from home who have now departed for sunnier climes!

HowardinBA usually arranges get togethers but he is back in the UK until this Thursday. Liam also arranges meetings but is now in Ireland visiting.

I thought there was an adado tomorrow. I will try to find out and let you know.

Back