anyone traveling to NYC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adielady

Registered
I know it's a long shot given the recent cancellation of flights, but is anyone traveling to NYC? I need someone to bring 1-3 suitcases of clothes/shoes/books I had to leave behind in Argentina. My sister-in-law was supposed to bring them with her in July but her flight was cancelled. If anyone is able and willing, I'm happy to pay for your services! Thanks :)

think you might want to check the cost of extra suitcases. my experience is 200.00 each. best of luck

It's probably nothing, but anyone who helps out, BE HIGHLY AWARE you could be a MULE!

I would never do this for a stranger, there is no telling what could be hidden in the contents or the luggage itself.

I hate to be mistrustful, but the down side (Arrested, tried and convicted of smuggling something.) is too great.

Is there anyone out there, dumb enough to bite on this? I mean that seriously.

It's probably nothing, but anyone who helps out, BE HIGHLY AWARE you could be a MULE!

I would never do this for a stranger, there is no telling what could be hidden in the contents or the luggage itself.

I hate to be mistrustful, but the down side (Arrested, tried and convicted of smuggling something.) is too great.

Yikes. I mean it's good advice lol but a little rude. On the flip side, it also takes enormous trust on my part to hand over my things to a stranger, pay them, and just cross my fingers my stuff arrives. Regardless, I'll be sure to strike you off the list of potentials ;)

100% agree. As much as I hate to dissuade people from helping others, I have to say doing this would be a terrible idea. Narcos can hide drugs in anything these days, and no one is going to believe a person who says they had no idea and where just trying to help.

Yikes. I mean it's good advice lol but a little rude. On the flip side, it also takes enormous trust on my part to hand over my things to a stranger, pay them, and just cross my fingers my stuff arrives. Regardless, I'll be sure to strike you off the list of potentials ;)
This is BLACK AND WHITE. (There is no in between or maybe here.)

Yes, I was very forward with my post, but I didn't think I was being rude. I am not sure I crossed that line.

Either way, if you took my post as rude, you have my sincere apology as I do not want to offend you or anyone here using this service.

However, I am trying to get through to the person who would actually entertain doing something like this for a stranger. It was and is my goal TO DISSUADE THEM from being your currier. The downside risk is simply too great. I would wager that there are a number of unsuspecting people who did something like this with the best of intentions, but they got caught for smuggling at a customs checkpoint. They are now sitting in a jail cell somewhere doing hard time because they were duped / used. And I would have to imagine they would give almost anything to go back in time and never have had the experience. They just weren't smart enough to know or they were to liberal to care.

And you are correct, there is too much trust on your part as well. Someone could steal your things. Or worse yet, they could turn you into their mule. (There are too many possibilities here to elaborate, but you could very well be "muled" / used in reverse.)

Lastly, how in the world you would think you would need to strike me off of your list of potential personal curriers is beyond me? My point was and is firm / strong enough for just about anyone of average intelligence to conclude this person would never do this for me.

I know it takes all types and you probably have the same opinion of me as I do you (Guessing here???) but come on, what kind of fool do you take me for?

I wish you well and I hope if you do connect with someone, it is an uneventful experience for both of you.

BEST WISHES ALWAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back