Anyone tried Shipping to Uruguay???

clucking

Registered
I'm on a quest to get a specific zoom lens down here before the middle of February. I've posted on Mule Pool, pestered people who are in the states to fly down here, all to no avail, and I am very loath to try having it shipped down to BA. Has anyone tried having an item shipped to, say, a hostel in Colonia or hotel in Montevideo? Anyone have any info on what the shipping/importing situation is like in Uruguay?
Running out of ideas.
-Charlie

clucking said:
I'm on a quest to get a specific zoom lens down here before the middle of February. I've posted on Mule Pool, pestered people who are in the states to fly down here, all to no avail, and I am very loath to try having it shipped down to BA. Has anyone tried having an item shipped to, say, a hostel in Colonia or hotel in Montevideo? Anyone have any info on what the shipping/importing situation is like in Uruguay?
Running out of ideas.
-Charlie

uruguay has a tradition of having certain things imported only but i'm not sure about electronics. why don't you look it up online? also, did you consider that you're gonna have to travel and pay for a ticket and hotel night? wouldn't it be cheaper to just pay customs here?

Yeah, i definitely did consider the cost of travel, and would have come out way ahead compared to customs.
That said, I did manage to find a kind soul who is going to bring it down for me, so it doesn't really make a difference at this point any more, but thanks for the reply!

I've tried it, doesn't work - tax free zones are only for the companies in them. So I still had to pay taxes, but it seemed like less, and the product wasn't held hostage by customs as they do here with some things.. Good luck.

Hey! I'm not sure if you've already found someone to bring this down for you, if not however, I may have someone coming down on the 18th of Feb or the last days of Feb/ first few days of March. Let me know if that could work for you and I could "Mule It" on theMulePool.
Cheers!
Monica

Back