anyone want to go to River vs velez game??

SteveO87 said:
Every foreigner that comes to BA wants to go to a Boca match and I really don't know why. The stadium is in a dodgy area, the stairwells smell of piss after the match, it's impossible to get tickets and the few of my friends who managed to get tickets got fake ones and weren't allowed into the match. I would recommend going to a River or Velez game, much nicer areas and atleast I know for River it is very simple to get a ticket. Not too sure about Velez, in my time in BA I have been to Argentina vs Espana at the Monumental, Clasico de Avellaneda at Independientes Stadium, Boca vs Lanus at La Bombonera(Boca perdió, so I was happy) River vs Racing at the Monumental, Superclasico at Monumental, River vs Olimpo at the Monumental and San Lorenzo Estudiantes in dodgy Boedo. The grea thing about River is you just walk up to the window and say una, and they will charge you 40 pesos. It's great

I'd say the reason people foreigners would rather go to Boca is because of the atmosphere. River's stadium is cold, too far away from the action. Yes, La Bombonera is run down but for me thats part of the charm of the stadium. Also been to the ground many times in the General areas and despite being as white as a ghost i've never had any problems or seen anything bad. I've been to Velez twice and both times i've seen fighting in the crowd just metres from me.

Back