Anywhere but Tigre

london2ba

Registered
I usually use my 90 day visa run to escape the city but I'm keen to explore the coast and countryside around Buenos Aires, in between visa runs.

Can anyone recommend anywhere for a quick get away? A day trip or weekend break. Not Tigre as I've been there plenty of times. Cordoba might be a bit far. Somewhere no more than 4 hours away by coach would be just right.

Many thanks

I understand you need to leave the country for the purpuse of renew your visa.

Tigre and Cordoba are located in Argentina.

Check out probable destinations with www.plataforma10.com ( it shows you how long is the trip in time)

It would be difficult to cross the border in Cordoba ;-p

4 hours around BA you don't have many options :
- Buquebus to Colonia
- Cacciola (Tigre like you mentionned) to Carmelo (nice cruise btw)
- Gualeguaychu (3 to 4 hours drive / 250 kms)

You guys are misreading his post. He's not trying to leave the country and *hopefully* is well a aware that Cordoba and Tigre are inside of Argentina. He just wants to get out of the city a bit.

PhilipDT said:
You guys are misreading his post. He's not trying to leave the country and *hopefully* is well a aware that Cordoba and Tigre are inside of Argentina. He just wants to get out of the city a bit.

You're right, got it wrong.

Four hours around BA : Rosario (nice museums there) and eventually Santa Fe (nice fish restaurant along the river).

You could go to the sea also (MDP, etc.), that's about 4 hours I guess

Tandil is a beautiful town to go to. Lots of green hills and places to do outdoor activities.

Well done PhilipDT!

Thank you all for the suggestions. My husband works in Rosario at times so next time I will go too and check out the museums. La Plata and Tandil are next on my google search list.

I often get suggestions for local towns and cities from my Argentine friends but without a car and friends to stay with sometimes my experience of visiting places is rather different to theirs, so I'm always keen to ask the expat world too.

Thanks

Also, I would like to go to an estancia nearby (I've been to a few in the North) but find many offer expensive packages with horse riding etc. If anyone knows of one where you can just eat, enjoy the view and relax, for a night or two, at a reasonable price I would love to know.

I know that places like Cordoba, Mendoza and Merlo in San Luis are a lot more than 4 hours away, but you can take a night bus (they're very comfy and some even have full reclining seats) and you don't have to waste a whole day travelling.

Back