Anywhere in Chinatown I can exchange USD for a good rate?

Zissou

Registered
Pls PM me if you have a spot!

I have a couple of other places around town but it'll be more convenient for me to go in Chinatown, since I prefer to go with a friend not on my own.

I live in Chinatown and there aren't many banks nor foreign currency exchange services where you'll be able to get a decent rate though...
You can either go to Standard Bank, which is located at Echeverria 2357 (about 6-7 blocks from Chinatown) and there's an exchange service center which is on Juramento 2061 (about 5 blocks from Chinatown). You can check them out. If you need help let me know!

There is an exchange place on Juramento between O'higgins and Arcos. Just next to the OSDE building. I don't remember the name but they are honest and its all legal!

i think zissou means a decent rate better that what standard bank or any other commercial bank offers...

I'm currently getting 4.7, but down-town.

If anyone knows of anywhere offering a better rate for changing US$1k at a time, please let me know.

glasgowjohn said:
i think zissou means a decent rate better that what standard bank or any other commercial bank offers...

Yeah that's what I've thought. But there's none near Chinatown :(
Unless you change them in the Black Market. I've got some contacts if anyone is interested.

Back