Apartments available

Caribbean Cool

Registered
Using Craigslist I found an apartment that I wanted. In the end I had to cancel and not take the apartment. The agent, Sandra, had many listings. She speaks U.S. English and is a delightful person. She does NOT charge any commissions. I am including here phone and Whatsapp contact number.

+54 9 11 6093-2345

Using Craigslist I found an apartment that I wanted. In the end I had to cancel and not take the apartment. The agent, Sandra, had many listings. She speaks U.S. English and is a delightful person. She does NOT charge any commissions. I am including here phone and Whatsapp contact number.

+54 9 11 6093-2345
CC - That is useful. Thanks for sharing with the board.

Thanks, I added the contact, we're looking for someplace nice for next year. I had more or less discounted CL as a resource though.

In North America, CraigsList is a cesspool of scammers and predators. Often attractive rentals will be offered for a low price, and lease signed and deposit plus first month paid, only to find 3 days later that the people who rented you the place did not own it or have any authority to rent it to you. They copy the description and photos from a legitimate ad (not on CL), drop the price, and put it on CL. Then take the money and run.

In North America, CraigsList is a cesspool of scammers and predators. Often attractive rentals will be offered for a low price, and lease signed and deposit plus first month paid, only to find 3 days later that the people who rented you the place did not own it or have any authority to rent it to you. They copy the description and photos from a legitimate ad (not on CL), drop the price, and put it on CL. Then take the money and run.

It's a mixed bag here. I've used it before to find some great places and nice deals in BA, but you have know the city a bit. I wouldn't recommend it for people who are new arrivals because there are scams on there too.

New arrivals should stick to Airbnb until they get their bearings. I found my place via Airbnb. Asked owner if she'd rent to me long term in pesos. Si! Things have been perfect since. Utilities, internet and cleaning included.

How could an agent not charge commissions?

I imagine her commission is built into the monthly rental.

Back