Apocalytic scenes in Argentinian banks

Banco de la Nacion should just make unnamed rechargeable debit cards and give them out to the pensioners instead of money. Tie the card to person's DNI during the first bank visit and put subsequent pension payments on the card.
Not just Banco Nacion....but the private banking system as well that serves (and profits) from these beneficiaries. But with one caveat...I don't know if the debit card can be "unnamed".

There are many people who have in their caja de seguridad savings that they need to access for rental payments and emergencias. If the Banks can open they need to be for all clients . I do not understand why they cannot do the same as they have done everywhere in the world

I do agree that Pensioners must have precedence but if the banks are now open fulltime its very fast to organise as the sectores are seperated in banks with select staff.

Banks in Argentina have NEVER been organized or the least bit concerned with customer service.

Banks in Argentina have NEVER been organized or the least bit concerned with customer service.
And the Central Bank, no matter under which administration, has done nothing to institute the needed regulations.

Totally different scenario. The banks today have the currency to pay every single person in those lines.

I see long lines of old people, putting their lives at risk to get to their money, to be able to make it to the next day, to buy their meds.
I see despair. Trade exhausting heat for cold temperatures and add an invisible killer that loves crowded people.

The money is not the threat, the waiting in endless lines for hours, most times overnight is.

People don´t trust the banks because banks abuse them as a SOP. Because banks have bleed them time and again. Because banks force them to use systems over complicated, frustrating and exhausting for them. Banks provide more sickening problems than solutions.
Let me tell you a common bank loop. ATM screws you, you talk to the clerk who tells you to go to the courtesy phone.Courtesy phone says you have to sort it out with the ATM.

SSDD.

Iz

I see long lines of old people, putting their lives at risk to get to their money, to be able to make it to the next day, to buy their meds.
I see despair. Trade exhausting heat for cold temperatures and add an invisible killer that loves crowded people.

The money is not the threat, the waiting in endless lines for hours, most times overnight is.

People don´t trust the banks because banks abuse them as a SOP. Because banks have bleed them time and again. Because banks force them to use systems over complicated, frustrating and exhausting for them. Banks provide more sickening problems than solutions.
Let me tell you a common bank loop. ATM screws you, you talk to the clerk who tells you to go to the courtesy phone.Courtesy phone says you have to sort it out with the ATM.
SSDD.
Iz
Yes, but the bottom line is that the currency is available...today. And will be available tomorrow thru next Wednesday. In 2001, NO FUNDS was the main issue.

Well the effectiveness of the quarentine will prove to be greatly reduced with scenes like this. To sad because some of the people even in this video will die from being in that crowd. And like LZ said elderly etc. Corrientes in the vid one of my my friends says to me, what am I in isolation for that herd will go straight to the markets and start infecting all the products. Frightening the reality of such a seen where the unseen infirmity is potentially spreading like wild fire.

Here is the related official comunique from the banco central, for those who are interested:

Attachments

• A6949.pdf
    98.3 KB · Views: 1
....that herd will go straight to the markets and start infecting all the products.

A good reason to buy only fruits and veggies that have to be peeled before eating: bananas, oranges, carrots, potatoes, beets, onions, etc.(even then, after disinfecting in a diluted bleach or biopure solution), while avoiding lettuce, spinach, kale, celery, etc. (which, at this time, I would certainly not eat raw, even after washing and disinfecting). Pears and apples...perhaps for others, but not for me at this time..

gracielle, you must be young enough not to truly understand that what really matters here and now is LIFE.

Not funds, not cash in hand.
You could be swimming in cash right now and still be royally screwed like the rest of us.

Once you get this through your skull you will appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Back in 2001, a LOT of people died. Unaccounted people. Old folk who died of strokes, lacking meds, care or food. Invisible people.
Those responsible were judged, and pretty much let go with a slap on their hands, only for the financial and economical disaster.
Not for the crimes against the actual people. Money mattered, people didn´t

Lines like the ones you are witnessing now do kill people. Do not kid yourself about it. They might not make the Covid19 statistics but today, tomorrow or the day after some poor old soul will drop dead because of this.

1585927620074.png

Iz

gracielle, you must be young enough not to truly understand that what really matters here and now is LIFE.

Not funds, not cash in hand.
You could be swimming in cash right now and still be royally screwed like the rest of us.

Once you get this through your skull you will appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Back in 2001, a LOT of people died. Unaccounted people. Old folk who died of strokes, lacking meds, care or food. Invisible people.
Those responsible were judged, and pretty much let go with a slap on their hands, only for the financial and economical disaster.
Not for the crimes against the actual people. Money mattered, people didn´t

Lines like the ones you are witnessing now do kill people. Do not kid yourself about it. They might not make the Covid19 statistics but today, tomorrow or the day after some poor old soul will drop dead because of this.

View attachment 6782

Iz
I am 70 years old and was in CABA in 2001....and during the previous crisis in 1989.

Back