Application to enter Argentina for commercial reasons

Isn’t it easier just to get temporary residence based on being an employee of the company one will be working for? Assuming the OP will be hiring via an Argentine entity or have a company with employees here. Pretty much just need to sign a pre-contract in front of a consulate or migraciones official to get a one year DNI/ residency.

Last edited:
Isn’t it easier just to get temporary residence based on being an employee of the company one will be working for? Assuming the OP will be hiring via an Argentine entity or have a company with employees here. Pretty much just need to sign a pre-contract in front of a consulate or migraciones official to get a one year DNI/ residency.
The company has to apply for a permission to hire foreigners where is going to be audited in its balance and has to prove that they cannot hire a native. Plus it gives to Immigration the permission to make inspections where every single foreigner who is irregular means a fine of 10 k usd.
Plus, nowadays when everybody works on line, it gives a strong argument to immigration to say; stay home in your country, work remotely.

The company has to apply for a permission to hire foreigners where is going to be audited in its balance and has to prove that they cannot hire a native. Plus it gives to Immigration the permission to make inspections where every single foreigner who is irregular means a fine of 10 k usd.
Plus, nowadays when everybody works on line, it gives a strong argument to immigration to say; stay home in your country, work remotely.
Exactly, providing it’s a real company, even a new one without an operating balance yet, from my experience that was a very easy process. There is no burden of proof as to why it can’t hire a local - just a statement that based on the persons experience abroad etc I think was sufficient. The inspections can be done at home if that’s the primary place of work listed on the contract and “visiting clients” or something physical like this is mentioned there is no question of why one needs to be here.

Last edited:
The local company needs to be registered in "RENURE", there is some paperwork and visits to Migraciones that the company needs to do every year. I don't know that there's a requirement to show that a local can't be employed, from what I saw it's about registering for permission to employ a foreigner via RENURE. Inspections (this is from before the pandemic) are done at the place of work, and also at the local company, if that's not the same location, and besides the usual document check, one of the things that's checked is a physical signature on the salary receipts. And yes, Migraciones actually do these inspections.

There are companies in Buenos Aires who can handle this type of thing, it's just a question of doing some research.

It is more difficult to get a student visa.

In my case I think the student visa is easier. I am not retired so if I want the rentista visa I would have to do the method of creating a trust fund account. I think that is harder.

I already have everything I need for the student visa. I got accepted to a private university. It's only 12 hours a week in class but it is a 3 year carrera. I have the carta de aceptación, Precarga de Datos, y plan de estudios. I also have enough money in the bank to show economic solvency. According to the consulado de Argentina in Miami, that is everything I need. But I can’t do anything right now because they aren't processing student visas.

Since my goal is to apply for citizenship after 2 years, this better since I can get the +365 student visa and not have to renew it the second year.

The local company needs to be registered in "RENURE", there is some paperwork and visits to Migraciones that the company needs to do every year. I don't know that there's a requirement to show that a local can't be employed, from what I saw it's about registering for permission to employ a foreigner via RENURE. Inspections (this is from before the pandemic) are done at the place of work, and also at the local company, if that's not the same location, and besides the usual document check, one of the things that's checked is a physical signature on the salary receipts. And yes, Migraciones actually do these inspections.

There are companies in Buenos Aires who can handle this type of thing, it's just a question of doing some research.

Are inspections done only upon hiring a foreigner or simply once the RENURE is applied for?

In my case I think the student visa is easier. I am not retired so if I want the rentista visa I would have to do the method of creating a trust fund account. I think that is harder.

I already have everything I need for the student visa. I got accepted to a private university. It's only 12 hours a week in class but it is a 3 year carrera. I have the carta de aceptación, Precarga de Datos, y plan de estudios. I also have enough money in the bank to show economic solvency. According to the consulado de Argentina in Miami, that is everything I need. But I can’t do anything right now because they aren't processing student visas.

Since my goal is to apply for citizenship after 2 years, this better since I can get the +365 student visa and not have to renew it the second year.

Are you able to share any details of the school/subject you chose? I'm in a similar situation as yours, and the rentista visa seems too difficult. There's no guarantee you'll ever even get a temporary visa, plus setting up a trust seems onerous.

Obviously, schools, for the most part, are closed now and it doesn't seem like student visas are being issued readily, if at all, but I'm interested in this route as well. I'm looking for the same citizenship route as you, and while I can afford any/all of the rentista costs (including depositing a large 2-3 year sum in the bank if that was even an option), there appears to be too much uncertainty with that visa as a whole.

As an aside, great information here from everyone. It is appreciated

Back