Apply for citizenship abroad

poot682

Registered
If I have my child in BA, then return back home, can I apply for citizenship at the embassy (in Denmark)?

Do I need to apply for permanent residency once the child is born, or can I skip that?

If I start the application in Argentina, can it be moved to the embassy?

If I have my child in BA, then return back home, can I apply for citizenship at the embassy (in Denmark)?

Do I need to apply for permanent residency once the child is born, or can I skip that?

If I start the application in Argentina, can it be moved to the embassy?
1. I don't think you can process your citizenship in an Argentine embassy abroad. You're lucky if the embassy legalizes your documents. Speaking from experience, they're a bunch of lazy bums.

2. PR and citizenship are two separate entities/processes. As a parent of a native born Argentine, you have the right to apply for PR but you don't have to if you don't intend to live in Argentina (having PR and DNI would make your life easier that is what I am saying).

3. Again, back to point 1. I don't think you can because you need to be in contact with juzgado often. When they request additional documents, first you send them via email and they also request you to hand in the documents in person afterwards.

A lawyer or a more experienced person could verify my statement above but this is as far as I know from personal experience. I hope it helps.

Back