Applying For A Rentista Visa

Given the situation you have described, it would be suggested that the idea of procuring residencia rentista is discarded.

I am at the end of that process, and while my situation legitimately complies with the requirements, it has not been easy to provide sufficient proof and documentation.

I want to apply for a Rentista Visa.

I have a job that is earning well over 8000 pesos a month. I read that income does NOT count as a requirement for Rentista Visa and that I must have investment. Is there any way to get around this? I read somewhere that you could possibly open a bank account as a non citizen through a lawyer and deposit more than 8000 pesos a month into it to qualify, however I have no idea if this is true. This is the most complicated part for me.

If anyone has experience in Cordoba in specific that would be great!

The following post might provide some useful information as the individual who made the post is living in Cordoba, but if you are earning $8000 pesos per month working en negro in Argentina it might not be wise to tell migraciones about it.

Today I went to migrations again and was advised to apply for a rentista visa so long as I can prove that I have had income going into my bank for a consistent period and can obtain a letter from my 'employers' that they intend to (not guarantee) to continue to provide me with freelance work.

Personally I'm taking this advice with a pinch of salt given that in all likelihood my work cannot be considered stable if it is not locked down clearly in contract.

I will keep this updated with any future developments so that anyone in the same position can get some clarity on this kind of situation (if at all possible in this country!!)

Source: http://baexpats.org/topic/35482-please-help/

You can stay in this country for 2 years straight, without ever leaving, and then apply directly for citizenship (with the help of a lawyer). No matter if you stayed here illegally or working in black or paying taxes elsewhere.

The 2 years is a requirement to get citizenship not for applying (according to me. This is not straight forward, it has to be fight at Court and it means that some time you can loose and, then, the case is going to be open at the second year).
Legal residency is not required.

It would reset the clock, I think. But wait for someone else's response. Bajocero2 also talked about applying for citizenship right away but using a lawyer (he is an Argentine immigration lawyer, though based in BsAs).

It does not. However, i suggest to leave Argentine by ground and to fly to the US from Uruguay becouse, then, the worst escenario, is to got deported to the other side of a bridge.

Anyone know if the passive income requirement would be satisfied if someone receives a monthly benefit (for life) from the US Veteran's Administration, compensation for disability from a military/war injury?

Anyone know if the passive income requirement would be satisfied if someone receives a monthly benefit (for life) from the US Veteran's Administration, compensation for disability from a military/war injury?

If the amount is (currently) greater than $8000 pesos per month and you can get a benefits letter from the VA that can receive the Apostille, the answer should be yes.
emo32.gif

The 2 years is a requirement to get citizenship not for applying (according to me. This is not straight forward, it has to be fight at Court and it means that some time you can loose and, then, the case is going to be open at the second year).
Legal residency is not required.
Hi Bajo_cero2, Please can you advise if proof of income from a business that we own would suffice to the requirements of proof of income for the rentista visa?
also i have another question that you answered here a few years ago, can one just overstay your tourist visa and then apply directly for citizenship? what would the requirement be for funds on citizenship?

I would prefer doing all of this legally but struggling to get a straight answer on the fact that we have a online business for a few year which is a sole prop. We get paid from that account into our own account (i wouldnt classify it as a salary but more like Shares or something in that line as we also have other income from our present jobs (also company that we own but we get paid a salary through this company)). How can i proof that this income is not a salary to be able to proof that the source of income will be continuous?

Please advise, Thank you

Back