Applying for Permanent Residency- Interview with Migraciones

medialuna

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm planning to apply for the Permanent Residency after getting married with my Argentine partner in BsAs. Can anyone share the experience about how long do you have to wait to get a personal interview with Migraciones (after submitting the application on RaDex)?

We are planning a month long trip outside of BsAs but within Argentina after getting married (after submitting application) so I just want to know if I need to postpone the trip so that I can have the interview with the Migraciones.

Thanks for the reply!

Quick question for anyone that knows,

I have my cita this week with migraciones for permanent residency based on my marriage to my Argentine wife.

Do I need to take her actual DNI or does a copy suffice?

Quick question for anyone that knows,

I have my cita this week with migraciones for permanent residency based on my marriage to my Argentine wife.

Do I need to take her actual DNI or does a copy suffice?
I took a copy, if I remember correctly they weren't interested in it and gave it back to me at once.

I took a copy, if I remember correctly they weren't interested in it and gave it back to me at once.

@BeraRane In typical Argentine fashion, my experience last May was the opposite: she wanted my husband's physical DNI, not a photocopy, but it gets better... she said I could scan it and upload it with the translation of my passport page I was missing. I didn't bother to push my luck and ask what the difference between a photocopy and a scan was... Your mileage of course may vary, take both if you can, just in case.

Looks like I got the same person as you @Quilombo.. ("absolute Karen" is the best description I can find..).

She wanted my wife's physical DNI which I had, gave me a cold hard stare when she discovered I didn't have a translation of my passport, and then looked at the digital translations of my background check as if I'd just taken a dump on her desk...

She then informed me that I'll have a new precaria tomorrow and I "should manage with that", when I raised the question of permanent residency (the goal of the cita..) I got told "when everything is closed in the system you'll receive a DNI".

Que pais...

I don't know if she's always at the same box, but for future trips to migraciones do all you can to avoid box 5 with a woman with very short black hair..

Looks like I got the same person as you @Quilombo.. ("absolute Karen" is the best description I can find..).

She wanted my wife's physical DNI which I had, gave me a cold hard stare when she discovered I didn't have a translation of my passport, and then looked at the digital translations of my background check as if I'd just taken a dump on her desk...

She then informed me that I'll have a new precaria tomorrow and I "should manage with that", when I raised the question of permanent residency (the goal of the cita..) I got told "when everything is closed in the system you'll receive a DNI".

Que pais...

I don't know if she's always at the same box, but for future trips to migraciones do all you can to avoid box 5 with a woman with very short black hair..
The important thing is to remember it can always be worse; if you set your expectations low enough you'll never be disappointed ;)

Could have been Cristal, who, as I have reported previously, is a rapid cycler: she can treat you like absolute shit at 9:30, send you off on an impossible errand elsewhere in the city to be completed by the 2pm close, and then, when you miraculously complete it and return to her glass pane with 10 minutes to spare, greet you warmly with congratulations and a friendly smile, and seem (and perhaps even be) genuinely happy about your success.

Back