Applying for Permanent Residency- Interview with Migraciones

Looks like I got the same person as you @Quilombo.. ("absolute Karen" is the best description I can find..).

She wanted my wife's physical DNI which I had, gave me a cold hard stare when she discovered I didn't have a translation of my passport, and then looked at the digital translations of my background check as if I'd just taken a dump on her desk...

She then informed me that I'll have a new precaria tomorrow and I "should manage with that", when I raised the question of permanent residency (the goal of the cita..) I got told "when everything is closed in the system you'll receive a DNI".

Que pais...

I don't know if she's always at the same box, but for future trips to migraciones do all you can to avoid box 5 with a woman with very short black hair..
I got my interview set now, but now I’m worried about the passport stuff. My (American) passport has all the identity stuff translated into Spanish (and French) already. Do they still want a translation and a certification of translation even if it’s already in Spanish? That seems a bit overblown to me.

I got my interview set now, but now I’m worried about the passport stuff. My (American) passport has all the identity stuff translated into Spanish (and French) already. Do they still want a translation and a certification of translation even if it’s already in Spanish? That seems a bit overblown to me.
No one ever asked me for a translation of my passport at DNM and it even has no Spanish in it, just English and French.

I wouldn't worry, in the end she asked if I had one, I said no, and she just continued to thru the other documents.

Sure sounds like Crystal to me.

"We're caught up in a web, you and I"
"She can swing us both forever"
In the long run she's the one who must decide

How long has it taken for posters to get the permanent residency finalized following the cita at migraciones?

I'm currently at the "TRAMITE EN PROCESO DE SUPERVISION" stage following the cita, how long has it taken posters to get pushed on to "DISPOSICIÓN DE RESIDENCIA PROTOCOLIZADA"?

Cheers.

Don't be. From the time I last saw Cristal (the day mine went into "proceso de supervision"), despite having a perfectly presented application and only two minor queries Migraciones wanted to resolve, thirty-two (32) months (and 10 precaria extensions) went by before it moved to "disposition de residencia protocolizada". But that's another story. Yours shouldn't take (quite) that long.

"Oh, Crystal
You're stronger than me but I'm sure
That the fight would fall to no one
The cold hard truth is stronger than us all"

Back