Applying For Residencia Precaria With Expired Tourist Visa

erian

Registered
Hi all

Just a quick question to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I recently got married to my Argentine girlfriend on the 4th of April but my tourist visa ran out 3 days later on the 7th of April. Now I want to apply for residencia precaria and get my DNI etc.

But I'm afraid I will run into trouble because I have now overstayed my tourist visa. Does anyone know if this will be a problem or do I need to go and pay the AR$300 in migraciones, get a renewal and then apply? Or does the fact that I have married an Argentine citizen give me any automatic rights etc.? Sorry if it is a stupid question but just want to see if anyone has experience with this.

Any help or tips would be great

Thanks!!

Just letting you know how it went for me and what you need in case you are applying. I got the permanent residency becasue I got married last month. It all took about an hour which was pretty great!! Everyone in migraciones was very nice and helpful.

This is what I brought with me:

- A copy of my entire passport (every page, even if empty)
- A copy of my wife's DNI and the original card (she came with me just in case)
- My police record from Ireland which was apostilled in Ireland and translated here
- My police record from here
- My Domicilio certificate from here
- A photocopy of the the book which we signed in the Registro Civil when we got married
- We brought our marriage certificate and book just in case too
- Passport photos with a white background
- I brought a copy of my birth cert too just in case but they didn't ask for it

I had an expired tourist visa but they said it didn't matter because I was applying for a visa. But if I wanted to leave the country I would have needed to pay the $300 'fine'.

They then give me a Precaria certificate which is valid for entry and leaving the country and for applying to Anses for a CUIL number. It gives me the right to work as well straight away.

The DNI supposedly will arrive in the next 30-90 days. The whole thing cost 640 pesos plus the cost of translation for irish criminal record

Hope this helps

So exactly 2 weeks later my DNI arrived in the post. Happy days, so over all a good experience. Not sure if i got lucky or the system is improving.

Luck of the Irish I suspect, mine was quickly processed also. Arrived verysoon after my precaria.

Congratulations, all you need to do now is memorise that DNI number! You´re in the system now !

Back