April Book Club Selection

HI Alicia,
Sorry, should have looked at this before sending you the pm.
Will get the book and bring the falafels (well, new felafels because we already ate the last lot). I might try my hand at flat bread too. Then all we need is houmous.
Cheers, S.

Please reserve my place, I will take some wine and also a dish to be announced later. Start reading

Empire-of-the-Summer-Moon-Quanah-Parker-and-the-Rise-and-Fall-of-the-Comanches-the-Most-Powerful-Indian-Tribe-in-American-History.jpeg

Altho we did have to turn people away in December we still have some available spaces for the April meeting. We are a friendly diverse group with no agenda other than we like to read, converse, have quasi literate discussions occasionally, drink eat and be merry! We are composed entirely of BAExpat members. We welcome anyone wanting to give us a try. The once a month meetings allow for informal exchange time, some structured round table book discussion, and of course introductions. We follow the formal meeting with a fabulous pot luck of usually ethnic foods....
All you need to do is sign up for the next meeting with a response on this thread and you will receive the exact location via a PM. this is a great way to make new friends!

I just want to notify the hostess that I won't be attending the meeting. I had promised a spectacular dessert and I reckon someone else will have to take care of that part. I hope y'all enjoy the meeting.

By the way, it is not too late to start reading! Thee are still more than two weeks left including a four day weekend to enjoy reading thus book and then come to our lively meeting! I especially would like to extend a warm invitation to any if you who have expressed interest before but weren't yet able to attend, and also to newcomers who will be staying here. This group is a great way to build community ,exchange resources and info, and make new friends. Good eats is a fringe benefit.
Please feel free to PM me with any questions, or post them here as well as your desire to attend. Meanwhile I will commit a dish of spicy sesame noodles with chicken for the pot luck part. See you all on the 30th.

Back