Are there any Dim Sum restaurants in Barrio Chino?

satoshi

Registered
Are there any restaurants here with multiple carts heavily laden with bamboo steamers to enjoy for a Sunday brunch, like in Chinatown in San Francisco?

Are there any restaurants here with multiple carts heavily laden with bamboo steamers to enjoy for a Sunday brunch, like in Chinatown in San Francisco?
Nope. There are a few that serve a very limited choice. Mostly the big Bao buns. Absolutely nothing like dim sum restaurants in SF. My favorite Dim Sum restaurant is in Daly City.

I’d vote for the dim sum in Monterey Park or the San Gabriel Valley, but in CABA—absolutely nothing. Bao Kitchen (SUCURSAL RECOLETA (AV. PUEYRREDON 1790) does okay “taiwanesa.”

Check out Royal Mansion in barrio chino but be warned that it is not so cheap. There're no carts wheeling around but they do have plenty of choices for you to choose from. I was there last month and we ordered 7 different types of dim sum (some leftovers for a doggy bag because we ordered a bit too much) with soft drinks and it cost us 68,000 pesos. I mean everything was very tasty but the two of us should have stopped at 5 dishes and that should have been perfect. Check it out and let us know what you think.

All of these choices are approved by me 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20240428_135038.jpg
    IMG_20240428_135038.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20240428_135521.jpg
    IMG_20240428_135521.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240428_140243.jpg
    IMG_20240428_140243.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240428_140249.jpg
    IMG_20240428_140249.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20240428_140253.jpg
    IMG_20240428_140253.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Near Hospital Aleman, on Av Pueyrredon 1790 there is a taiwan-style restaurant with some dim-sum on the menu.

Near Hospital Aleman, on Av Pueyrredon 1790 there is a taiwan-style restaurant with some dim-sum on the menu.
I think you may man Bao Kitchen. The original location was in galeria larreta in retiro, but that one didnt survive covid.
Mian in barrio chino does a few types but not a full dim sum menu.

I think you may man Bao Kitchen. The original location was in galeria larreta in retiro, but that one didnt survive covid.
Mian in barrio chino does a few types but not a full dim sum menu.
The baos of bao kitchen are amongst the dearest I have seen anywhere in my life . 7 dollars each small sandwich is very dear . You need 3 to fill up coming to a hefty 21 dollars for basically 3 empanadas chinas . In Hong Kong 3 baos can be found for less than 10 dollars

all asian food in BA is expensive, especially the better places.
But the current inflation crisis means that expecting anything to be cheap, especially in dollars (AU or US) is a lost cause.
Can Ting, Royal Mansion, Koko Bao Bar, all expensive. All the good Korean places- expensive. The even vaguely authentic japanese- expensive. The all you can eat korean barbecue have gone up a LOT as well.
Imported anything is expensive. Imported cuisine, which requires special knowledge and ingredients, has never been cheap.
Mian is still a good value, though the menu is limited, but very authentic.

Back