Argentina battles dengue surge and repellent shortage

Today one Pigmento had Fuyi for around 3000 pesos. I bought it, it works very well and the fragrance is good.

I’m interested in any update members may have re the dengue fever and the vaccine. The CDC indicates that the vaccine is not approved or suggested for travelers in any case except long-term residence in a highly-infected area. The vaccine is based on a weakened, live virus. "The vaccine partially mimics a primary dengue infection and can increase the risk of severe dengue in vaccinated individuals who were dengue-naive prior to vaccination. This phenomenon is known as antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE).” Which means if you haven’t have dengue in the past you will get it from the vaccine. The only treatment I find in the literature is lots of repellant, i.e. DEET. BTW, don’t look too closely in to the history and effectiveness of DEET. It was created in 1944 for the US Army and has never been replaced by anything better. It’s not clear how it functions to discourage mosquitos. But it will dissolve watch crystals and fabrics like rayon.

The governments response to the dengue outbreak has been appalling . Buenos Aires streets are in disarray with garbage overflowing everywhere . The spraying of Parks and plazas nearly non existent. No mosquito spray even though in neighbouring Brazil they do no have this problem as their government has made sure that enough stock is available for the demand . Is it so hard to get some plane loads in for this nacional emergency

The governments response to the dengue outbreak has been appalling . Buenos Aires streets are in disarray with garbage overflowing everywhere . The spraying of Parks and plazas nearly non existent. No mosquito spray even though in neighbouring Brazil they do no have this problem as their government has made sure that enough stock is available for the demand . Is it so hard to get some plane loads in for this nacional emergency
It's amazing that you're still here in Argentina in the middle of the apocalypse. I commend you for your unheralded bravery. But I suppose you have your bags packed and your ticket home booked. Please, have a safe flight home, and god bless. Think of us once in a while.

Tissue?

I’m interested in any update members may have re the dengue fever and the vaccine. The CDC indicates that the vaccine is not approved or suggested for travelers in any case except long-term residence in a highly-infected area. The vaccine is based on a weakened, live virus. "The vaccine partially mimics a primary dengue infection and can increase the risk of severe dengue in vaccinated individuals who were dengue-naive prior to vaccination. This phenomenon is known as antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE).” Which means if you haven’t have dengue in the past you will get it from the vaccine. The only treatment I find in the literature is lots of repellant, i.e. DEET. BTW, don’t look too closely in to the history and effectiveness of DEET. It was created in 1944 for the US Army and has never been replaced by anything better. It’s not clear how it functions to discourage mosquitos. But it will dissolve watch crystals and fabrics like rayon.
I'm looking to get the 1st dose this week. My friend got it, he had an elevated temp and headache but that's it.

The only vaccine authorized in Argentina is Qdenga, and it's the kind that doesn't require a previous dengue infection.

3 family members here have/had dengue, and I've refused to go to their houses since they all live near each other in an outbreak zone until the winter or I'm fully vaccinated.

See you have a flair for drama lmaoo

While our president was cosplaying a soldier and abasing himself in Tierra del Fuego, we had this priceless example of libertarian medicine in Buenos Aires:

"This week, the Buenos Aires City government’s health minister posted photos of himself at a community center in a poor neighborhood, large vats and pans laid out before him. For this, he told his audience, they would need fresh thyme, lemon, vinegar, cloves, and a series of other plants.

He wasn’t swapping chimichurri recipes. It was, allegedly, a homemade mosquito repellent — the city government’s response to a dengue outbreak that has sickened over 134,000 people and killed over 100 in Argentina".

From https://buenosairesherald.com/op-ed/the-sting-of-an-absent-state, you couldn't make it up. Meanwhile, the mostly AWOL federal health minister resurrected himself for Easter to announce that he's being pressurized by repellent laboratories, vaccine manufacturers, and the caste, of course, to basically do his job;

Presumably the manufacturers of long trousers and long-sleeved shirts have also been exerting pressure on the poor guy:

Both he and his sidekick in CABA deserve to be removed from the medical register.

Meanwhile, the free market must be working since a donation of repellent has arrived from Mexico, with more to come:

https://www-lanacion-com-ar.transla...es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es-419&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Oh, wait... 🤔

Back