Argentina Has The Lowest Average Salary in The Region

Rich One

Registered

The study was conducted with data taken from sites in Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Panama and Peru. In order to compare the data from the different countries, wages were dollarized. . April data shows that the highest average salary in the region is the Chilean with US$1,138 per month, followed by the Panamanian with US$1,037 per month, the Ecuadorian with US$808 and the Peruvian with US$803 per month. In last place comes, the Argentine salary with US$632 per month, according to the MEP dollar.

The study was conducted with data taken from sites in Argentina, Chile, Ecuador, Panama and Peru. In order to compare the data from the different countries, wages were dollarized. . April data shows that the highest average salary in the region is the Chilean with US$1,138 per month, followed by the Panamanian with US$1,037 per month, the Ecuadorian with US$808 and the Peruvian with US$803 per month. In last place comes, the Argentine salary with US$632 per month, according to the MEP dollar.

It's even worse when we look at the minimum wage:

When Cristina left office, the minimum wage was $479.26/month. The day before Albertudo crashed the economy by winning the 2019 PASO, the minimum wage was $303.17/month. Today it is $187.21.

This man specifically has been a disaster for the wellbeing of Argentines, people are poorer because of his mismanagement. I thought Cristina's second term was bad, but boy, has Alberto shown that it can always be worse.

The last time people were this poor was in 2006, and things were a lot cheaper in dollars back then too. I mentioned this in the thread about inflation but this is completely unsustainable, even if you ignore the human suffering (which you shouldn't) the macro economy can't handle people being this poor, poor people don't consume beyond the basics to survive, and so much of 21st Century economics is driven by disposable income, of which there isn't any for 80% of the country.

it's always someone else's fault, isn't it?
I see it already: 2023, 2027, 2048, 2083, 3022, etc. "Ah pero Macri..."

The minimum wage is half of what it was under Macri, which is weird, because I didn't know he had the power to stop Alberto from raising it everyday since he left office in December 2019. Crazy, right?

Lol, it’s like the Macri years didn’t last for more than 4 of the past 20 years.

*Pours a glass a wine while the compas living the high life off the dólar-blue get lit about inconvenient truths and those that dare to question the official line of the party* 🐑✊🐑✊

Back