Argentina history documentaries

Jeff.Zorrilla

Registered
Does anyone know of any good historical documentaries about Argentina, particularly about Perón? I would like to inform myself a little better before I arrive.

Thank you

You should be able to rent (maybe download) the TV series "Algo Habran Hecho" for an entertaining history of Argentina
, if you understand Spanish.

Jeff.Zorrilla said:
Does anyone know of any good historical documentaries about Argentina, particularly about Perón? I would like to inform myself a little better before I arrive.

Thank you

It might be difficult to find the kind of DVDs you are asking about outside of Argentina. Once you are here you will be able to find some very good historical documentaries at any Musimndo and perhaps at the Athena bookstores as well. Many have subtitles in English.

Meanwhile, I suggest you "google" as much as possible and learn all you can about the military dictatorship (1976-1983) aka: the "Dirty War." Also concentrate on the economic crisis of 2001-2002 and the events that led to it.

One of the most important things you can learn is why you should never refer to the Islas Malvinas as the Falklands (at least not when an Argentine can hear you).

Jeff.Zorrilla said:

Thank you

I don't know for sure if there is a english version of this documentary of Leonardo Favio’s 'Perón, Sinfonía del Sentimiento' (Perón, A Symphony of Feeling) if you can get a copy from Blockbusters (if available) is a complete recompilation of Peron and Evita lives.
You can watch also the original version in castellano on YouTube., mind this is a 340 minutes long documental

Once in Argentina you can go to Evita Museum

Back