Argentina inflation spikes to 92% as economic growth picks up

If renting a 2 ambientes rental, utilities , Cable and Expensas will take care of 50% of the $300,000 peso net income . Add food, cleaning products, Disposable income? not much..! Living high on the hog? Option go back home and rent a tent?
Unless you own your house in the US free and clear, it's impossible to live on $1000 per month. And if you do own, you'd be eating bread and tuna sandwiches mostly.

just a note, that the store owners are also abusing the inflation.

look the world wide inflation is lets'say 10%..
that means that the dollar would have lost also 10-15% of it's global value, that means there's still atleast a 15% gap considering blue rate vs nominal value of the usd.

When I look around in the shops, I see jumps which are unexplainable to me.. Cheese doubling in price within 2 weeks.. a simple hat jumps from 900 to 1500 and the list goes on and on and on..

As you implied, those living here on only $1,000 a month must be suffering.
Just a touch over 900 a month here, will be just over 1000 when the COLA kicks in next month.
And I wouldn't really say I am suffering. I have known far worse in my life. I eat meat every day, and plenty of fresh fruits & veggies. My clothes are ragged as hell, it's true, but eh, no biggie.

From Clarin today the Blue dollar went up 54% this year , inflation was 95 % you can figure out how much buying power you lost ?

Asnwer : 95 - 54 = 41 % advanced financial math.

From Clarin today the Blue dollar went up 54% this year , inflation was 95 % you can figure out how much buying power you lost ?

But don't forget the WU rate usually exceeds the Blue peso rate PLUS those on SS got an almost 9% increase. That evens the playing field quite a bit.

I’d argue that a typical Porteño has a different inflationary basket of goods than a typical expat, so I’d expect there to be variance in the inflation rates for both of those baskets

But don't forget the WU rate usually exceeds the Blue peso rate PLUS those on SS got an almost 9% increase. That evens the playing field quite a bit.
WU rate, after discounting the commission sometimes may equal or be lower than the Blue ? the 9% SS you mention applies in 2023 perhaps?. I concede may be the loss is ONLY 30 %...!!! wtf.

WU rate, after discounting the commission sometimes may equal or be lower than the Blue ? the 9% SS you mention applies in 2023 perhaps?. I concede may be the loss is ONLY 30 %...!!! wtf.
still better here (financially) than in the US. By far.

still better here (financially) than in the US. By far.
Some people just don't understand math.

Traveler, I agree 100 % with you only on the Nampe wine price increase (my favorite ).
I can't comment on price comparisons with the US, UK or other major Countries, obtaining satisfaction from it is futile ....
Some live here permanently, and have a budget they must keep, bear in mind that some expats living on SS would be way below poverty line in the US.

PD: The family poverty threshold is $33,148.Sep 22, 2022
Nampe at my Chinese just restocked: they have Chardonnay, Cabernet, Syrah, Malbec, Merlot and Tempranillo but raised to 500 pesos! Still a bargain. I stocked up but will go back to buy more.

Back