Argentina locked down early and hard. Now cases are exploding

My sister, 60, and a friend, 66, both had it. Each recovered in less than a week. At present, who’s getting it in Recoleta and Palermo Chico/Botanico? Is it confined primarily to the poor and elderly?

My sister, 60, and a friend, 66, both had it. Each recovered in less than a week. At present, who’s getting it in Recoleta and Palermo Chico/Botanico? Is it confined primarily to the poor and elderly?
I doubt they have that kind of statistics they can barely tell who’s had it or not.

Agentina probably wanted to stay on the right side of those who carry some clout....for when that time comes they go begging to be bailed out again.

I'm embarassed to say I'm a subscriber and regular reader of the Washington Post right now. A newspaper which 'gets it right' 9 out of 10 in my opinion. This article, to me, is just a piece of poorly informed trash and misleading in many ways. As if written by someone at Washington D.C. looked by telescope at that very distant land across the equator. And coming from a country where the virus and how to manage it is, was and has been a disaster. And not a mention of the improving conditions in Buenos Aires Capital Federal. Ufff!

I'm embarassed to say I'm a subscriber and regular reader of the Washington Post right now. A newspaper which 'gets it right' 9 out of 10 in my opinion. This article, to me, is just a piece of poorly informed trash and misleading in many ways. As if written by someone at Washington D.C. looked by telescope at that very distant land across the equator. And coming from a country where the virus and how to manage it is, was and has been a disaster. And not a mention of the improving conditions in Buenos Aires Capital Federal. Ufff!
I'll see your Washington Post and raise you The Daily Telegraph!
Look at the dateline. The article starts by calling Buenos Aires a coastal city and just gets worse from there

Then there was this from a few weeks ago:
Ignore the title: this article doesn't prove that at all. But a sentence buried in the middle about how Argentina might have beaten off the virus if the country hadn't been full of Argentinians does seem to have a ring of truth.

NB If you want to read The Daily Telegraph and you don't have a subscription, switch off javascript on your browser.

Really, the thing is that if there is no social life, cultural activities, night life - Buenos Aires really becomes a dead city.

I think there's a story somewhere in that article, but it shouldn't be up to the reader to find it. The unfortunate truth is that Latin America might as well be the dark side of the moon as far as the US media is concerned, unless the story is about drug trafficking, immigration, or Venezuela. I generaly like WaPo and NYT but their coverage of the region tends to be very sloppy and uninformed, and most of their articles (like this one) read like they were written by bored interns who learned about the region from Wikipedia.

I only read 3 newspapers and they give all info I require about anywhere on the planet.

FT.com
WSJ.com
Businessinsider.com

All require subscriptions..Not into "behind firewall etc"

Back