Argentina locked down early and hard. Now cases are exploding

I only read 3 newspapers and they give all info I require about anywhere on the planet.

FT.com
WSJ.com
Businessinsider.com

All require subscriptions..Not into "behind firewall etc"
I'm a paying customer of The Guardian and the New York Times but I like to read other points of view too. It is worth pointing out that not switching on an optional browser feature is not exactly going behind the paywall and some news organisations actively encourage the occasional view: The FT, for instance, makes readable any article reached at their site via a search engine

I'm a paying customer of The Guardian and the New York Times but I like to read other points of view too. It is worth pointing out that not switching on an optional browser feature is not exactly going behind the paywall and some news organisations actively encourage the occasional view: The FT, for instance, makes readable any article reached at their site via a search engine
I’m not a Grauniad subscriber but I’m considering it. I skim the news of the day on a couple of websites and have my subscription to the Economist for deeper analysis. There isn’t a whole lot out there for deeper thought, the Atlantic isn’t bad, the Intercept is interesting and that’s about it.

And about the original WaPo trash, an increase of 1-2% per day is exploding, is it? It’s possible to make a case against Argentina’s COVID management, especially (or only) with 20:20 hindsight but the WaPo is a long way from doing it.

I enjoyed the free coverage the NYTimes gave for coronavirus articles. I learned a lot. But, after I while I realized I had become addicted to a website that was, its own way, just as fake as Fox. I started to feel a little nauseous about how I was being manipulated and stopped reading. And now I feel much better. A good dip into the Atlantic once a week is enough to keep me up to speed on the virus.

The Guardian, for me.

Me as well, it's also one of the last remaining English-language media outlets to still have foreign correspondents in the region.

Interstingly, Aljazeera's coverage of Latin America is usually quite good.

Been an Atlantic subscriber for quite a few years. The actual magazine rarely makes it to my Buenos Aires home, though.

Great article today in my favourite newspaper - FT.com

Rich residents map escape route ( via Urguay) from Argentina’s ‘money trap’

If you can read behind firewall, highly recommend.

Great article today in my favourite newspaper - FT.com

Rich residents map escape route ( via Urguay) from Argentina’s ‘money trap’

If you can read behind firewall, highly recommend.
Excellent example of what I was saying earlier, thanks Ceviche

Just paste "Rich residents map escape route from Argentina’s ‘money trap’" into Google, (no need for my double-quotes) click through and read.

Back