Argentina opposition questions Milei’s use of public funds to pay for trips abroad

Last edited:
Isn't Adorni precious? From the article
. “They are not private trips,” defended the presidential spokesperson, Manuel Adorni. “We do not make any self-criticism in terms of expenses because I can assure you that, if there is an austere government that spends the bare minimum, it is this one,” he insisted last week.

Isn't Adorni precious? From the article
. “They are not private trips,” defended the presidential spokesperson, Manuel Adorni. “We do not make any self-criticism in terms of expenses because I can assure you that, if there is an austere government that spends the bare minimum, it is this one,” he insisted last week.
I find him to be a smug, arrogant, lying little weasel, whose brother coincidentally also has a 7 figure government salary since Milei's arrival (VLLC!), but in his defense, this puts him in line with others like Cerruti or Capitanich who have lied through their teeth as sycophants for some of the worst "leaders" Argentina has had, so I suppose he's not an outlier in that regard.

But I digress; the money spigot seems to open at interesting intervals as we've talked about previously. "No hay plata" unless it's to go abroad every 2 weeks, and even then, it flows freely for fascists and personal religious affairs, yet is closed for things like making sure trains don't crash all the damn time, including Milei's request to the IADB (iirc, might be a different bank) to use money previously approved for rail infrastructure on something completely different (couldn't have asked at a better time)

There's money, just not for the plebs.

Back