Argentina police records and tramite number

EDavis325

Registered
Hi all,

I was about to reserve my appointment online through the migrations Web site to start my residency process but after I clicked on "Obtenga su turno online (reserve your appointment online)" and selected my province and municipality, I came to a page where it said the antecedentes penales argentinos (or the Argentine police records) must have a specific tramite number (there's an image you can click on and magnify to find the code. The code is: P3339266).

My question is, is the code in the example a specific number I had to make sure I specified I needed when going to get my police check done, or is that just an example of a number they use for the Web site and, instead, the number listed on my check is my own, personal number?

Has anyone else seen this or been asked about this in migrations?

Any feedback would be helpful!

Thanks!

Erin:)

You obviously have to enter the REAL number that will be on your "antecedentes penales" form. If you don't have one yet, you could try putting in the example while you go to the police and get one. But personally I wouldn't do it for the risk of having my application rejected later.

You need to go to Piedras 115 to get your antecendentes penales. When you get this you will be given your number that you can then use to reserve your Turno online.

ndcj said:
To go to Piedras 115 you need a turno ahead of time too.

http://www.dnrec.jus.gov.ar/Turnos/

It's probably the quickest most painless tramite in Argentina :)

Definitely. First appointment takes 10 mins, and then to pick up the document, 2 minutes. I can't remember exactly how much, but the 7 day option is very cheap too.

EDavis325 said:
I was about to reserve my appointment online through the migrations Web site to start my residency process but after I clicked on "Obtenga su turno online (reserve your appointment online)" and selected my province and municipality, I came to a page where it said the antecedentes penales argentinos (or the Argentine police records) must have a specific tramite number (there's an image you can click on and magnify to find the code. The code is: P3339266).

My question is, is the code in the example a specific number I had to make sure I specified I needed when going to get my police check done, or is that just an example of a number they use for the Web site and, instead, the number listed on my check is my own, personal number?

The only "number" you need to provide to get your antecedentes penales is your passport number, and of course you need to show your passport to get the report.

You must enter the real number of your antecedentes penales report to make the turno to apply for your visa. Any other number should be rejected (just like an invalid password for an email account).

Does anyone know if this is a personal tramite? My wife and I lived in Buenos Aires for a few years and my wife needs to get this document, but we live in Peru now, so I'm just curious if someone could pick it up for us or if she would have to go herself to get it.

You should be able to print out the Argentine police report from their web site , and save yourself the trip back.

Back